Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter MYP Recs - Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently got a 2022 MYP and love it. It has custom 20in vossen wheels on it now. Came this way as I bought it with only a couple of thousand miles on it.

I've been thinking about each of the following packages. I'm a newbie here so trying to learn what I can. What's the biggest difference in the TS5, TSS, and TST of the following? And I'm told the 18's will fit on the MYP but wondered how people felt about this wheel/tire combo in cold, upper midwest snow climate? Thanks so much in advance.

TST 18" Tesla Model Y Overland Adventure Wheel And Tire Package

I run 21” Übers in Pirelli’s for summer and then 19” Gemini w (soon to be purchased) Cross Climates . I like the idea of 3 season tires if you run summer and winter setups. Seems to be the best of all worlds if you have two sets of wheels. One set is sticky, but handles the rain etc… the other isn’t sticky, but handles the rain and snow etc…

Upvote 0
Here are a few complete package options:

Note - Tesla have "locked out" purchase on the website, unless you have a qualifying vehicle, which the MYP is not. Presumably this is because of the speed rating. Not sure if there are any workarounds e.g. order at the local SC.

Upvote 0
I live in snow and ice country from about 12/1 through 3/31. Got my YLR in 3/2022. I replaced the OEM tires with Michelin Cross Climate 2 all season in November and they are handling packed snow, ice, ice hardened gravel, mud, slush - everything I throw at them. We'll see when it comes to Summer and dry roads and then monsoon rains in late summer and early fall. I kept the OEMs and if the Michelins get weird in the Summer, I'll swap them out.

Upvote 0
For anyone interested in knowing, I suffered from winter tire anxiety after taking delivery of my MYP in June. It came with the Michelin pilot sport all seasons, and after getting seriously overinflated offers from people trying to offload gemini wheels, I decided I’d just see how it went with the all seasons. I’m in PA so we see a fair amount of snow. Car slips an expected amount with small amounts of slippery precipitation, but rolls through deep snow just fine. Had 6 inches in my driveway before getting plowed and the car ran right through it without an issue. I don’t think I’ll be getting another wheel set, at least not for a while. Long term Id consider getting a nice set of 18s, but only after my warranty expires because I don’t trust service centers to not play games with warranty work. Plenty of pot holes here too, and haven’t put a mark on my 21 Ubers yet. Merry Christmas!

Reactions: necroregion
Upvote 0