Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter Setup - Will this work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Winter is around the corner, and I need a new set of rims and tires for the Model Y Performance.

Here's the tires and size I'm looking at, wondering if there's any issues with either of these? Will have to purchase from 2 separate vendors, purchase TPMS from Tesla, and get a shop to mount and install it... not a big deal, but just want to ensure that these will fit the Model Y Performance.

Continental - Conti Viking Contact 7 - P255/45R19 XL 104T BSW

I wanted to pair it with these wheels:

C-WHEELS - CW05 - 19X8.5 - GLOSS BLACK
Size: 19x8.5
Diameter: 19"
Bolt Pattern (mm): 5x114.3
Winter rated
thumbnail_ya3823-2_cw05_cw082745_cw082746_cw082747_logo_1.jpg

Winter is around the corner, and I need a new set of rims and tires for the Model Y Performance.

Here's the tires and size I'm looking at, wondering if there's any issues with either of these? Will have to purchase from 2 separate vendors, purchase TPMS from Tesla, and get a shop to mount and install it... not a big deal, but just want to ensure that these will fit the Model Y Performance.

Winter rated
What’s the offset?

What will be the total cost? I tried piecing together a set but when I included shipping AND still needing to have a shop mount/balance/etc. it didn't seem like I would save anything over getting a complete set ready for me to install from T-Sportsline.

What will be the total cost? I tried piecing together a set but when I included shipping AND still needing to have a shop mount/balance/etc. it didn't seem like I would save anything over getting a complete set ready for me to install from T-Sportsline.

Around $2000-2200 CAD, so it's significantly cheaper from what I've seen (also because I'm based in Canada)

Same size as what I've ordered (and told by vendors would work well), the wheels should be ok if 40-45 offset. Looks like they're a Tesla application. The open face wheel may affect range due to aero issues, unless these are similar to what you're running in the summer. Have heard generally very good things about those tires, will be running the Nokian R3 here.

Reactions: blackdragon12
I have also been looking at Costco C-Wheels but I'm bothered by a couple of things. First, customer reiews are mixed and some quite negative. Second, they don't provide any load ratings.

On the other hand, they come with the comfort of knowing that if there's a problem, Costco will take care of you.

• Helpful
Reactions: Arctic_White

Winter rated
Anyone know if these will fit on the MYLR 19" wheels? I am thinking of buying these from someone who is selling them for $500 used. They currently have 6000 miles on them. Full set.