Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter Tire and Wheel Question (Fitment)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Tesla Experts,

I recently traded my 2018 Honda Odyssey for a 2021 Long Range Y. I'm just wondering if my winter set will fit on the Y. I'm not very good with Tires and Wheel knolwedge hoping someone who knows this stuff can inform me better.

Tires:
Michelin X-ICE SNOW SUV 235/60/R18 107T

Wheels:
CORE RACING LIZEA (Diameter 18", Width 7.5", Offset +40

Also I'm guessing it'll need to be paired with Tesla's TPMS, is there any concern if I don't get a TPMS from Tesla, is it same as other cars just a warning light, or are there electronics and safety issues with running a winter set with no TPMS.

I really appreciate if anyone would have any knowledge on this, I will sell this set if it won't work, but its 80% new so hopefully it'll work.

Thank YOU !

We need more info about the bolt pattern of the wheels, but even with what you provided I can tell you that the offset is wrong, but it should still fit.

You'll have a couple issues, we don't know if those wheels will clear the brake calipers, and the tires are going to cause a ~4% speedometer error.

The bolt pattern are 5x112, 5x120, I assume the 4% speedometer error is due to running with no TPMS, If I get a set from Tesla would that fix the issue.
Speedometer error has nothing to do with TPMS... Speedometer error is caused when the tire size you are running is different than the original size your car came with.. The amount the speedo is off, depends on the percentage that your new tire size is different from original.