Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #21 is available now. We covered the recent wide release of FSD Beta and shared our experiences. We also discussed the best times to charge and Tesla's official CCS adapter. You can watch it on YouTube.

Winter tire questions regarding tesla 2021 Model S with 21' Arachnid tires

Question for the group. I'm a new Tesla 2021 Model S LR with the 21" Arachnid wheels looking to get winter tires.
Back tire is 295/30/ZR21, front is 265/35/ZR 21. Having a hard time finding tires. I plan on trying to purchase winter wheels and tires for simplicity. My questions are:
1) can I get non staggered tires, something economical (that's comical with a tesla) like all 20 or 19 inch wheels.
2) does this mess up calibration when I remove them -I assume recalibration is easy
3) any recommendations?
4) I am in rural oregon (Klamath Falls) with no tesla dealership nearby but there seem to be a few tire guys with tesla tire experience - what do I need to be aware off when the car is lifted and supported so that the bottom is not damaged.
Regards,
Bob J

CWhite

2020 Model S LR+
Sep 3, 2020
Beaverton OR
Medford has a Discount Tire where I got an extra set of wheels and winter tires. In K Falls I would recommend full on ice tires like a Nokian studless. Performance winter tires are OK in the snow but do not handle ice nearly as well. You do need the 4 lift pucks (Amazon) but the three Discount Tire locations I have gone to have them handy. Make sure wherever you go have handled Teslas before. I went down to 19” wheels, cheaper and tougher than 21’s. I think a 245/45-19 would work on your Plaid. It’s pretty new so choices are limited.

Upvote 0
what width wheels are y'all going with for 2021 Model S for 19" winter set up? I've seen recommendation for 8.5, 9 and 10 inch
I ended up with 255/40/20 square setup on 20x10" wheels. Pretty much this setup: https://tsportline.com/collections/...-tire-package-set-of-4?variant=40905588736194

In the front, 8.5" rim width doesn't clear the brake shield and 9" rim width provides ~2mm of clearance to the brake banjo bolt. The stock 9.5" width is pretty much the minimum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC