Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter tire questions regarding tesla 2021 Model S with 21' Arachnid tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for the group. I'm a new Tesla 2021 Model S LR with the 21" Arachnid wheels looking to get winter tires.
Back tire is 295/30/ZR21, front is 265/35/ZR 21. Having a hard time finding tires. I plan on trying to purchase winter wheels and tires for simplicity. My questions are:
1) can I get non staggered tires, something economical (that's comical with a tesla) like all 20 or 19 inch wheels.
2) does this mess up calibration when I remove them -I assume recalibration is easy
3) any recommendations?
4) I am in rural oregon (Klamath Falls) with no tesla dealership nearby but there seem to be a few tire guys with tesla tire experience - what do I need to be aware off when the car is lifted and supported so that the bottom is not damaged.
Regards,
Bob J

Bob, there are many threads covering this topic but in short:
  1. yes, check out tsportline offering for budget option
  2. correct, you could easily recalibrate
  3. see #1
  4. don't have much experience on this but generally speaking the lift needs to use the proper adaptors

Upvote 0
Medford has a Discount Tire where I got an extra set of wheels and winter tires. In K Falls I would recommend full on ice tires like a Nokian studless. Performance winter tires are OK in the snow but do not handle ice nearly as well. You do need the 4 lift pucks (Amazon) but the three Discount Tire locations I have gone to have them handy. Make sure wherever you go have handled Teslas before. I went down to 19” wheels, cheaper and tougher than 21’s. I think a 245/45-19 would work on your Plaid. It’s pretty new so choices are limited.

Upvote 0
what width wheels are y'all going with for 2021 Model S for 19" winter set up? I've seen recommendation for 8.5, 9 and 10 inch
I ended up with 255/40/20 square setup on 20x10" wheels. Pretty much this setup: https://tsportline.com/collections/...-tire-package-set-of-4?variant=40905588736194

In the front, 8.5" rim width doesn't clear the brake shield and 9" rim width provides ~2mm of clearance to the brake banjo bolt. The stock 9.5" width is pretty much the minimum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0