Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter tire?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have studded tires on their MS? I found a Pirelli run flat on tirerack but there hadn't been any reviews so I'm not sure I want to be the first to give it a try. We live in the seattle area BUT at about 2000' elevation so we can get anywhere from 1" to 12" of snow at a time. Our road will be plowed so we should be ok but we are still going to need a really really good winter/snow tire. What can everyone that's actually running around in snow what can you recommend to me?

Does anyone have studded tires on their MS? I found a Pirelli run flat on tirerack but there hadn't been any reviews so I'm not sure I want to be the first to give it a try. We live in the seattle area BUT at about 2000' elevation so we can get anywhere from 1" to 12" of snow at a time. Our road will be plowed so we should be ok but we are still going to need a really really good winter/snow tire. What can everyone that's actually running around in snow what can you recommend to me?

I had the Pirelli run flats on for three days. Wh/mile went up by 80.

Studless tires are bad for the roads, bad for your health (lung cancer), and are not as safe in most conditions because the studs hold the tread up from the road. Use studless tires such as the Hakkapellitta R2 or Michelin X-Ice.

Tire Rack has a 19" Wheel, tire and TPMS sensor package for the Tesla. The wheels look just like the 21" turbine wheels and various winter tires can be part of the deal. They recommended Blizzaks. We've had at least 6 pairs of Blizzacks on our vehicles and they worrk great for us here in Wisconsin. I will let everyone know how they work out on my car, (P85+).