Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter Tires and Rims - Canadian Availability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had my Rial Luganos put back on today and I knew there were a couple instances of curb rash on the rims from before. Lo an behold on my way home, navigating through a drive-thru window, SCRAPE!!

IMG_0293.JPG

I just want to cry. It happened too easily and quickly.

Surveying that damage, I photographed the other three rims.

IMG_0294.JPG
IMG_0295.JPG
IMG_0296.JPG

These rims protrude so much! I’m so disappointed with all the curb rash.

Last edited:
All I can say is "cringe"!!!

Unfortunately the Model S is a curb rash waiting to happen. It's a wide car, and the rear is slightly wider than the front. Also the low profile tires ensure that it's the rims that are scraping instead of the rubber. The big rims look cool, but maybe aren't that practical...

So I finally got all the pieces together ready for my first winter just a bit before Christmas and here's what my winter wheels look like...
I manage to do the photoshoot just before we finally got snow today in Montreal, which makes for nice looking pics with a very sparkling clean car!

DSC_7164.JPG

DSC_7168.JPG

DSC_7169.JPG

So these are Braelin wheels, BR06, Satin Black, 19 x8.5, 5x120, 35mm offset AND 64.1 mm bore...a perfect fit with no adaptor ring!
The tires are the Nokian R2s and the TPMS are Tesla's.

So I finally got all the pieces together ready for my first winter just a bit before Christmas and here's what my winter wheels look like...
I manage to do the photoshoot just before we finally got snow today in Montreal, which makes for nice looking pics with a very sparkling clean car!

So these are Braelin wheels, BR06, Satin Black, 19 x8.5, 5x120, 35mm offset AND 64.1 mm bore...a perfect fit with no adaptor ring!
Very nice! and on the right colour car too! ;)
I went with Rial's Nokian R2s and Tesla TPMS, also on gorgeous green :)

Very nice! and on the right colour car too! ;)
I went with Rial's Nokian R2s and Tesla TPMS, also on gorgeous green :)

Yes, I remember reading about you ordering the Rial's but I don't remember seeing any pics of your gorgeous green! :)
I now have to get myself registered to the Tesla Green Car Alliance group!

I forgot to mention an important point, the Braelin wheels are prepared here in Montreal, so shipping was fast and pricing was in $CAN!!! (at 1010tires.com)
Probably pretty good savings compared with wheels from the US right now!

I forgot to mention an important point, the Braelin wheels are prepared here in Montreal, so shipping was fast and pricing was in $CAN!!! (at 1010tires.com)
Probably pretty good savings compared with wheels from the US right now!
Depends what you want, Even with the current horrendous exchange rate, the Rials from Tire Rack still come out more than $50 cheaper per wheel than the Braelins, and I sourced the tires and mounting locally.

As for pictures, only ones I have that are any good are with the factory 21s on, maybe if I ever manage to clean some of this winter muck off I can get some good pictures, but we've been in winter a fair while longer than you have.

Where did you get those and price if you can? They are really nice... Looking for something like that on my 85D for the summer.

Depends what you want, Even with the current horrendous exchange rate, the Rials from Tire Rack still come out more than $50 cheaper per wheel than the Braelins, and I sourced the tires and mounting locally.

As for pictures, only ones I have that are any good are with the factory 21s on, maybe if I ever manage to clean some of this winter muck off I can get some good pictures, but we've been in winter a fair while longer than you have.

No doubt winter was much earlier in your area...I've never seen it so late here!...and once it's there, good luck cleaning up the wheels for pictures!!! :)
We just got our first feet of snow yesterday and I'm not foreseeing the car being clean before April now.

I had looked at the Rials but couldn't get a better price than 1400$US with shipping/taxes/duty/brokerage at the time.
The wheels only costed 940$US, but the additional costs were over 400$ which was silly for 940$ of products...
To keep the price reasonable, I would have needed to have them shipped to a US address and pick them up there.

Can you confirm if they're 25mm or 35mm offset? I looked on 1010tires.com and don't see a 35mm offset offered in that configuration.

I got them at 1010tires.com and they are 35mm offset.
As I understand, they are hooked up pretty directly to Braelin's inventory system...but sometimes, they don't have all the wheels shown on the site...
Call them on the phone, they will check directly with Braelin and let you know when they will be available.

My total cost was a little short of 1500$CA, including taxes & shipping.
Each wheels cost was about 320$CA.

Kal Tire price for the R187 installed including new black lugs was just $1100 taxes inc to mount our OEM Goodyears and balance. I talked to Hammad at Kal and he got the rims in just two days and pulled me in last minute today, only two days after ordering them, great service!

At $210 Canadian (before tax) for these rims, that's a ton less than other turbine look rims, plus Replika is Canadian made, can't go wrong.

replika_r187_kaltire.jpg

At 210$ I'm worried about the quality :( This is the style I was looking for but can't justify the Tsportline price right now in Canada with shipping

Had a chance to open it up over the past day or two, very stable, feels great to be on summer tires again!
As for quality, the R187 is very substantial in thickness and looks far superior to the new Tesla OEM 19 slipstream, go for it, these are Canadian made, and one of the design leaders from Replika/Fastco is on this forum!

Check out my personal thread, I posted update pics today, came out great:
Smart ED and CPO Tesla S85 in Toronto

I will be going through the winter tire/wheel purchasing process later this year.

A side question--I have been changing the wheels/tires over myself twice a year on my old ICE cars, but the torque wrench is about 5 years or so and I understand they need to be recalibrated. Where does one take the wrench to get it recalibrated? I'm located in GTA.

Had a PM regarding the Kal Tire location it's:
Kal Tire - Toronto-Scarborough, ON (#865) - Kal Tire

Ask for Hammad.

Thanks for this. I called one Kal Tire out here, by my home, and they told me they couldn't get the rims and that I would have to order them myself, so I emailed your link to another Kal Tire location a few blocks from my office and they contacted Hammad (they said your post was really helpful with the name and store #) and he told them how to go about ordering them. So I now have the R187 rims, Nokia R2 tires, sensors and centre caps on order and should be installed in a week or so. $2,636.55 for everything before tax.

So now my Tahoe Hybrid will get even less use since I plan to take my Tesla over the No.3 hwy to my cabin in Tulameen at least during the shoulder seasons, until the snow gets to be too much. I babied my baby for 2 plus years, but that's over now. Here comes the salt, rock chips and winter driving and I'm looking forward to it (well, not the rock chips!).

Reactions: SmartElectric