Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter Tires and Rims - Canadian Availability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks great! I saw you bought them at Kal Tire but they don't have them on their website. Do they no longer sell them?

So the caps aren't on the site but if I call the MTL office I should be able to buy them?

I have a 2016 Model S, so I guess I would need the "Newer" ones. Do you remember how much they cost? Aren't they around 100$? Weird that they are no longer on the site, but the MTL store should have no issues getting me them.

I just spoke to Tesla and I was given these prices:
TPMS: 140$ per tire
Center Cap: 8$ per tire

Holy @#$% those TPMS are so expensive! Do I really need to buy them from Tesla? I guess if I don't want to buy them I just need to transfer them each time I change my tires. The center caps aren't too bad but I remember seeing in this thread that you guys got them for 4$ each, what gives?

Holy @#$% those TPMS are so expensive! Do I really need to buy them from Tesla? I guess if I don't want to buy them I just need to transfer them each time I change my tires. The center caps aren't too bad but I remember seeing in this thread that you guys got them for 4$ each, what gives?

Nope. Nothing special about them, I ordered mine with my rims from Tire Rack. Interestingly, when I "reset" them after swapping tires (you push reset and drive until you get a confirmation notice), the Tire rack sensors confirm almost immediately while the stock Tesla ones take about 15 minutes of driving before they lock in. Sometimes the Tesla ones fail to set and I have to go through the routine twice.

Nope. Nothing special about them, I ordered mine with my rims from Tire Rack. Interestingly, when I "reset" them after swapping tires (you push reset and drive until you get a confirmation notice), the Tire rack sensors confirm almost immediately while the stock Tesla ones take about 15 minutes of driving before they lock in. Sometimes the Tesla ones fail to set and I have to go through the routine twice.
Thanks for the info! I just checked on tire rack and saw that they're 65$ a piece, more than half the price that Tesla charges. I find it ridiculous how (if my memory serves right) Tesla & Elon claim that they're not trying to make money off of their service centers yet they charge a huge premium for these items.

TPMS are $60 from 1010tires.com. That's where I got my R187s for $200 each.
I looked on pmctire as they were cheaper and they automatically put 52$ TPMS. I asked my usual shop if they could match that price and they said the TPMS were 120$ each and that those 52$ ones wouldn't fit. He is supposed to call me back with more info, I think he may be wrong that they don't fit. He said they were general TPMS for all cars but that they wouldn't work for Tesla.

I looked at PMC and they were a bit less pre tax. Went with 1010tires as after tax they were about $100 less. I like to buy locally when prices are similar but the Quebec government is taxing Quebec out of competitiveness.
On my end PMC total is 1,191.37$ and 1010tire 1,238.01$. This is due to the items being lower cost @ PMC even if they charge an extra 10% in tax and 1010tire charge a shipping fee of 74$

No issues with the TPMS you bought that weren't from Tesla?

Last edited:
I haven't put the tires on yet so it's going to be a surprise for me too. 1010 didn't charge me any shipping, probably because I bought the wheels and rims as a package. R187+Michelin X-ice,TPMS and installation kit came to $2466 shipped tax in (only 5% GST).

Nice! I already have the tires so I'll simply be getting the wheels. A few superchargers opening up around MTL, including one today at dix30. So excited, can't wait to go check it out. I live in Sherbrooke and often use the Magog supercharger.

Strange pricing, I bought 4 TPMS from the Tesla Service Centre in Vancouver this past Feb and they were C$71 ea + tax (uninstalled, I was going to use them on 3rd party wheels). So unless there's been a crazy price increase in 8months, something must be wrong

In the end I returned them to Tesla and got some $59 3rd party units from 1010Tires

Strange pricing, I bought 4 TPMS from the Tesla Service Centre in Vancouver this past Feb and they were C$71 ea + tax (uninstalled, I was going to use them on 3rd party wheels). So unless there's been a crazy price increase in 8months, something must be wrong

In the end I returned them to Tesla and got some $59 3rd party units from 1010Tires

Yes, TPMS sensors were $50 USD each up until July when they dropped in price to $40 USD each and in September they jacked them up to $100 USD each. I bought a couple of sets of TPMS sensors when I was in Portland Oregon this past August to save on taxes. With the currency exchange rate it ended up being just over $400 CDN for 8 sensors.

Yes, TPMS sensors were $50 USD each up until July when they dropped in price to $40 USD each and in September they jacked them up to $100 USD each. I bought a couple of sets of TPMS sensors when I was in Portland Oregon this past August to save on taxes. With the currency exchange rate it ended up being just over $400 CDN for 8 sensors.
As dmd said they doubled in price :(

Just ordered my set of R187 from PMC Tire!

4x Replika R187 Wheels
4x Nuts / Bolts (Black-Painted Nuts)
4x TPMS Valves

Total price including installation and taxes: $1,157.73

They gave me 15% off all as compensation since I could order them online and save 10% tax. Pretty happy with the price I was given, I'll have them installed November 7th on my winter tires and I'll upload some pictures for you guys.

All that remains is driving down to Tesla Montreal to buy some center caps (supposed to be 8$ each)

Reactions: SmartElectric

I got a set of the newer ones for $100 USD + $20 shipping on ebay 4 months ago. Look around and see if you get lucky.