Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter tires for geminis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going to purchase a set of winter tires soon to mount on the Gemini rims. The two options I’m considering are the Pirelli Sottozero 3 and the Continental VikingContact 7. Tire rack ratings put Continental slightly higher and they are about 10% cheaper. However the speed rating is T vs V on the Pirelli plus Pirelli has a better reputation. Wanting to see if there are any real world experience with these including noise and tread wear.

Those are both solid choices from what I have read here and on Tire Rack. Another one to consider (and the one I’m leaning towards) is the Vredestein Wintrac Pros. No rating yet on Tire Rack but a ton of positive reviews there and here in the forums.

Also consider Bridgestone Blizzak winter tires for the Model Y. Speed ratings on Winter tires are not a factor as no one expects to drive at 100 MPH+ on winter tires. The load index of the winter tires should match the Tesla spec for the wheel size. (For the 19" Gemini wheel used with the Model Y the specified tire load index is 104 (1984 lbs.)

I'll throw 1 more at you all. Michelin Xice tires. I've had 5 different cars with different tire sizes using the Xice through the years. A good blend of comfort, and grip. Will be getting a set for my Gemini's in a few weeks. Just waiting on TPMS from Tesla service center.

Reactions: ev_mtl