Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter tires for M3 in Vermont

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vianor in Montpelier is excellent. Nokian Dealer. They have been excellent for tires and repair work. I haven't needed them for my 3 yet, but, they have worked on all my other vehicles. I tried to get Hakkas last January, but they were sold out everywhere in the Model 3, 18" size. Call them, you will definitely need an appointment. They have a loyal clientele.

Can anyone recommend a place to buy tires and have them installed in the Burlington area? Someone at least moderately experienced with Teslas? Thanks
Absolutely, you want the Nokian Hakka R3s. I love mine. The car is rock solid in snow and even, believe it own not, icy driveway. Obviously, on sheer ice only chains would work but we have a steep driveway of 260' and I've never had an issue.

Hakkas 100%. They are hands down the best and we have had them on everything from F150, Toyota GT86, and now 2 Teslas. If the Vianor dealer is in close, you are golden; only issue with them is finding a dealer. Buy earlier too, they only ship in batches from Finland, so when a size runs out, takes a bit to get them.

Also if you look for reviews, they often are not in reviews because they are a bit of a niche, thus harder to find, and are a class above. When comparing a BMW & a Mercedes, you don't include the Rolls-Royce in the comparison because obviously its in a different class :).

Pardon bit of a fanatic about Nokians here because they are one of the best kept driving secrets.

As for why they are so much better... The grip is just utterly amazing, and somehow, they managed to keep rolling resistance very low for a winter tire. They are decently quiet for a winter tire as well (but not the quietest). The other huge benefit is longevity. They last so darn long; an inappropriately (good) long amount of time lol. I usually get 3+ seasons on them, and I drove typically 25k miles a year. I'm up to 35k/yr so may only get just 3 seasons now. My buddy who I recommend them to is worried about them getting dry rot because he has had them for 5+ years. He drives probably 20k a year!

Overall, buy Nokians :).

Hakkas 100%. They are hands down the best and we have had them on everything from F150, Toyota GT86, and now 2 Teslas. If the Vianor dealer is in close, you are golden; only issue with them is finding a dealer. Buy earlier too, they only ship in batches from Finland, so when a size runs out, takes a bit to get them.

Also if you look for reviews, they often are not in reviews because they are a bit of a niche, thus harder to find, and are a class above. When comparing a BMW & a Mercedes, you don't include the Rolls-Royce in the comparison because obviously its in a different class :).

Pardon bit of a fanatic about Nokians here because they are one of the best kept driving secrets.

As for why they are so much better... The grip is just utterly amazing, and somehow, they managed to keep rolling resistance very low for a winter tire. They are decently quiet for a winter tire as well (but not the quietest). The other huge benefit is longevity. They last so darn long; an inappropriately (good) long amount of time lol. I usually get 3+ seasons on them, and I drove typically 25k miles a year. I'm up to 35k/yr so may only get just 3 seasons now. My buddy who I recommend them to is worried about them getting dry rot because he has had them for 5+ years. He drives probably 20k a year!

Overall, buy Nokians :).
Absolutely! The tire place I go to the brother of the owner has an S and told me he uses Nokian Winter tires year round. I wouldn't do that but... Also, I swap tires on the same rims and hoof the tires up and down stairs to keep them in the basement year round ~ 70 degrees in the off season. I've toyed with the idea of buying a second set of 18" rims and permanently mounting them and having a road service swap the wheels twice a year. It'll be cheaper than the $106 Twice/year to remount the tires. It would take about 5+ years to break even though.

Can anyone recommend a place to buy tires and have them installed in the Burlington area? Someone at least moderately experienced with Teslas? Thanks
Thanks to all on the advice for Hakkapeliitta tires. I have used them on other cars in the past and thought that was the gold standard.

Any advice though on a someone in the Burlington area to install, and change, tires on an M3?