Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter tires for MYP - PNW folks ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi PNW folks, wondering if you all ( i am in Greater Seattle Area) ended up getting winter tires/ wheels for the MYP or did you swap out the summer tires for All Seasons? Just curios as I am a little late to the game trying to figure out if its worth spending money to get a different setup here or do All seasons suffice !

For PNW all seasons probably suffice but you have to do what fits your lifestyle. If you are up in the mountains every weekend maybe go with dedicated winter tires which are superior. For the city slicker that needs to survive the 1 or 2 heavy snows in the season some good all seasons may work along with some good cautious winter driving. New cars are coming with Michelin pilot 4 all seasons, really good tires in my opinion. But still no match for dedicated winter snow tires.

Reactions: MikeBur and Flyby
And there is the option of "all weather" such as Nokian WR. They have the snowflake so they meet the traction tire requirement for winter roads here in Oregon -- probably WA too. I put those on my wife's Volvo and my old Subaru (but run the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on my Mod3). I like having at least one car that can go over the pass without requiring chains. They still aren't as good as real winter tires but run all year very well. Probably also not as good on the dry as the PSP4 but the cars are so different it's hard to tell.

Reactions: Flyby