Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter tires for the Model S Plaid ?

CBGPE

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Jan 15, 2020
SPRING VALLEY
I am looking for a set of wheels and tires for winter use for my model S Plaid. I am loathe to go with narrower width tires. I am planning on going with all season tires as the winters here are not that bad and all season tires have been more than adequate with my all wheel drive vehicles.

Jan 25, 2019
California
You could consider a set of 20x10 or 20x10.5 square wheel with Michelin Pilot All Season 4 tire in size 285/35/20.

Wide square setup. Tire only cost about $266 each and you get one of the best performance all season tire.

I am going to be trading in my one year old model Y performance that has an additional Pirelli Sotto zero 3 255/40R20 Tesla winter tire package with the Induction 20 X95JET 45 rims. Can I use this winter tire package on my new model S Plaid that I am supposed to take delivery on at the end of November? Tesla customer service says no, but they weren’t convincing.

Jan 25, 2019
California
I am going to be trading in my one year old model Y performance that has an additional Pirelli Sotto zero 3 255/40R20 Tesla winter tire package with the Induction 20 X95JET 45 rims. Can I use this winter tire package on my new model S Plaid that I am supposed to take delivery on at the end of November? Tesla customer service says no, but they weren’t convincing.
Model Y & Model S has different Bolt pattern. Y = 5x114.3 while S = 5x120. The wheels are not interchangeable.

However, the tire 255/40/20 can be use on the plaid all around if you get a new square wheel setup. It won't perform as good as staggered but should able to get you through the winter without any issue.

Germanboxers

Nov 19, 2019
Huntertown, IN
Can you use 19x8.5 +35 offset with 245/45 all seasons on the new model S? This square setup was fine for pre-refresh. Any reason it won't work other than looking a little weird because it doesn't fill the wheel well?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC