Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter Tires in the London ON to GTA area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I currently have Pirelli Sottozero's on my Model 3 and think they are great.

I have ordered a new Model S. I'm hoping to get it before this winter (originally October, then pushed to February, and now Nov/Dec), and will need some winter tires for it.
I have a great contact with a smaller distributer and he has given me these two options;

Pirelli Sottozero 2 (245/45R19's) at $1140 all-in a set
or
Michelin X-ice Xi3 (245/45R19) at $1020 all-in a set

Which would you go for? Price wise they are very similar. Is there one you would pick over the other and why?

Thanks for the help!

Hey guys,

I currently have Pirelli Sottozero's on my Model 3 and think they are great.

I have ordered a new Model S. I'm hoping to get it before this winter (originally October, then pushed to February, and now Nov/Dec), and will need some winter tires for it.
I have a great contact with a smaller distributer and he has given me these two options;

Pirelli Sottozero 2 (245/45R19's) at $1140 all-in a set
or
Michelin X-ice Xi3 (245/45R19) at $1020 all-in a set

Which would you go for? Price wise they are very similar. Is there one you would pick over the other and why?

Thanks for the help!
Hey Cory, congratulation on your new Model S is it LR or Plaid? I am also from London waiting on my Plaid. I would go with the Michelin X-Ics as they are the better tire during heavy snow and ice. The Sottozero performs better when dry tho but then again i am not pushing the car hard during winter anyways.

Reactions: Cory_YXU
Upvote 0
Hey Cory, congratulation on your new Model S is it LR or Plaid? I am also from London waiting on my Plaid. I would go with the Michelin X-Ics as they are the better tire during heavy snow and ice. The Sottozero performs better when dry tho but then again i am not pushing the car hard during winter anyways.
Congrats on the Plaid! Much to the kids disappointment, I went with the LR. Haha. I would love to check out the Plaid when it comes in to compare...let me know if you are interested.

And if you need snows, I can probably hook you up.

Upvote 0
Congrats on the Plaid! Much to the kids disappointment, I went with the LR. Haha. I would love to check out the Plaid when it comes in to compare...let me know if you are interested.

And if you need snows, I can probably hook you up.
sure no problem more then welcome to check it out. I got the Winter,s already secured thx for offering. I will send you a DM with my Number.

Reactions: Cory_YXU
Upvote 0