Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter Wheel and Tire Swap Event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cinergi

Sep 17, 2010
MA
Anyone going? My appointment is 10am Saturday. And I'll probably hang around :)

Hi fellow New Englanders!

Snow is in the forecast and that means it’s about time to install your winter wheel and tire sets on your Model S and Roadsters! The Watertown Service Center invites you to our Winter Wheel and Tire Swap Event. This is a great opportunity to mingle with other Tesla owners and snack on pastries and bagels in the morning and fresh cooked burgers and hot apple cider in the afternoon.

This event will be held on Saturday, December 7th and Sunday, December 8th from 8:00am to 6:00pm. This event is for owners who have a pre-mounted and balanced set of OEM approved Tesla wheels and tires. Please note that Tesla will not be storing wheel & tires for the winter.

Please call (617) 744-1834 to schedule your appointment time.

See you soon!
Tesla Motors Service

What defines OEM-approved? I need to get a set of winter tires, I realized, after some slipping and sliding in 2" of fresh snow on back roads in VT last Wednesday night… Thinking about Nokians (R2?), because we've been very pleased with the winter performance of the Nokian G2 all-season tires we got for our Odyssey a few years ago.

I just had my MS in for service last week and as part of the service had them mount my new R2s on Tesla wheels I purchased from the SC. Paid $187 (+/-) for the one-time mounting on wheels and the swaps each season of the wheels are free with service. No issue with having my R2s delivered to the SC.

It sounds like this particular event is limited to pre-mounted tires -- in other words all they have to do is swap rims. They may normally do full tire mounts of non-tesla tires otherwise, but not this weekend. Definitely inquire if that's what you want.

My Nokian Hakka R2's have been on for over a month, ordered them from a local tire shop in Weymouth, they even had a "special" lift that has a front and rear jack as part of the lift (they lift the whole car up, then separately the rear, then the front lifts from the mounting arms on the wheels, so doesn't even get near the pack/jacking points). I'd visit you guys but I'll be driving back my rented ICE from Cleveland.. It still bugs me the SuperChargers are not anywhere near I90 for that drive.

Don't think I'll make it by tomorrow, but I got Hakkas put on my current wheels at Direct Tire today. Figured after exactly 9 months today and nearly 11k miles with some curb rash I'd make them the winter wheels, and will get new ones or turbos to put the Goodyears on in the spring.