TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Winter Wheel Ideas?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by RDaneel, Aug 28, 2018.

1. RDaneel

RDaneel Member

I'm looking for a set of 18" wheels for my Model 3's winter shoes. I run PS4s on the OEM 19s for summer, but think having a bit more sidewall for winter conditions here in the northeast would be nice.

The two most obvious options seem to be the turbine style wheels from TSportline ($1200, 21 lbs.) or EV Wheels Direct ($1000, 28lbs.). Any advice on which of these makes more sense, or whether there are other options in that price range that I should consider?

Thanks!

2. pdxev

pdxev Member

I would consider OEM Aeros for winter wheels. You can get great deals on them and their aerodynamics may counter some of the range loss you have with winter wheels.

3. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Has anyone determined if 18’’ wheels will fit the large brakes of P3D+?

4. jtpassat

jtpassat Member

http://discounttiredirect.com/ Is having their Labor Day sale with up to 20% off your order. I ended up buying 18” wheels and falken eurowinter tires for $1500 not including the rebates.

5. pdxev

pdxev Member

I believe you need a minimum of 19" for the + brakes. There may be some ultra low clearance wheel that fits but I wouldn't count on it.

6. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

The TST 18" flow forged will fit over the P+ brakes/rotors. Just be sure to specify in the drop-down menu that it's for a Performance Upgrade Package car so they can mill the center bore to clear that silly 3mm lip on the P+ hub.