TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Winter wheel/tire package now available from Tesla

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Lyon, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

2. ThomasB

ThomasB Member

anyone tried these ?

3. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

I have some on order and plan to have them installed at the end of October. I won't have any comments until there is some snow (probably December). These wheels are new, so I very much doubt anyone has had them on ice & snow yet.

4. SmartElectric

SmartElectric Active Member

I went with third party rims, and Nokian tires.

Look up the Nokian R2's around this forum, you'll find them highly recommended.

The rims I picked up are "Replika R187" 19" grey turbines.
    Winter Tires and Rims - Canadian Availability

About 1/3 the price of the Tesla rims, and beautiful match to the car.

5. mikevbf

mikevbf Active Member

Are the Model S 19" and Model X 19" winter tires and rims interchangeable? The sizes look different in the online tesla store. Is anyone running R2's on a Model X?

6. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

The sizes are different. The X rims are half an inch wider, and the X tires are significantly wider and taller.

Since the X can take 19" rims and I believe has the same bolt pattern and offset, in principle anything that fits on the S will fit on the X - but the smaller tire diameter/circumference will throw off the speedometer/odometer and anything else that's using wheel speed sensor input.