Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter wheel/tire package now available from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have some on order and plan to have them installed at the end of October. I won't have any comments until there is some snow (probably December). These wheels are new, so I very much doubt anyone has had them on ice & snow yet.

I went with third party rims, and Nokian tires.

Look up the Nokian R2's around this forum, you'll find them highly recommended.

The rims I picked up are "Replika R187" 19" grey turbines.
Winter Tires and Rims - Canadian Availability

About 1/3 the price of the Tesla rims, and beautiful match to the car.

Are the Model S 19" and Model X 19" winter tires and rims interchangeable? The sizes look different in the online tesla store. Is anyone running R2's on a Model X?

Are the Model S 19" and Model X 19" winter tires and rims interchangeable? The sizes look different in the online tesla store. Is anyone running R2's on a Model X?

The sizes are different. The X rims are half an inch wider, and the X tires are significantly wider and taller.

Since the X can take 19" rims and I believe has the same bolt pattern and offset, in principle anything that fits on the S will fit on the X - but the smaller tire diameter/circumference will throw off the speedometer/odometer and anything else that's using wheel speed sensor input.