Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter Wheel/Tire Set for M3P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be taking delivery soon on my M3P. I live in Wisconsin and will therefore want to get dedicated winter wheels/tires. Tesla only sells 20" winter wheel sets for the M3P, but I'm looking to get an 18" or 19" set. What are some of the best options and where are the best sites to look for winter wheel packages for the M3P? Thanks in advance!

If I ever start driving in serious snow+ice again, and get a winter setup for my M3P, the 18x8 Method 502 is among my top wheel contenders:

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/6315261/
https://www.methodracewheels.com/products/502-rally-matte-black?variant=13954182152253

Yes that's an MYLR, but according to Method it will clear PUP brakes. Don't take my word for it of course, confirm w/ them, and make sure whomever you buy it from will take them back if they're wrong about the fitment. Or find someone who's fitted them to an M3P/MYP already (I haven't come across that).

You will need step-delete centering rings, or step-delete spacers + centering rings. I haven't come across an off-the-shelf combined step-delete + centering ring for its 67.10mm center bore, so if I go this route, I'll probably get some custom machined. Though I haven't looked very hard either as I'm not actually in the market for a winter wheel setup yet.

Or I could just turn my 18x8.5" forged Titan7 wheels into my winter setup and get something wider for summer. They're proper Model 3 / M3P wheels, machined for a direct fit on the M3P hubs without any spacers or centering rings needed. Good price too for forged, but still pricey to relegate to winter duty. Will see how I feel about that if/when the time comes.

(On my last ICE car I used forged BBS wheels for my winter setup...but they were OE takeoffs from the previous generation car, so widely available for cheap used. There's nothing like that available for a Tesla sadly.)

Last edited:
Another top contender for reasonably priced cast 18" winter wheels for me is the Konig Ampliform, which comes in a bunch of M3P-friendly sizes including 18x8.5" which is what I'd pick for winter use. Nice looking basic wheel, would make a nice reasonably priced summer wheel too.

https://konigwheels.com/wheels/flow-formed-wheels/ampliform/

It will need step delete + centering too, but its M3P-friendly center bore sizing is 73.1mm, and there are off-the-shelf combined step-delete + centering rings available for M3P in that size. So a simpler fit than the Methods. But the Methods would just look so awesome as winter wheels...

Edit: I've no winter tire recommendations as all the tire models have changed / been refreshed since I had any.

Last edited:
Reactions: JSWE
Thanks for the info. Looks like a ~$300 parts cost, plus the labor to dismount tires, and re-mount and balance.
Just an FYI.. the tires won't have to be dismounted and rebalanced if you are only changing the TPMS sensors. The tire stays in the same position since they only have to break the bead on the face of the wheel to access the sensor. I had mine done for free at Discount Tire (I've done a lot of business with them...)