Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter Wheels and Tires for Performance Model 3 Article

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really good article, thanks for posting. Just canceled my TSportline order and ordered wheels and tires from Tire Rack (ASA GT14 wheels and Michelin XIce Xi3 tires). TSPortline kept pushing out delivery now until the end of December. Wheel choices were pretty limited at TireRack now, but found what I hope we will like.

Quick question; did the trim removal tool for the wheel removal come with your car on delivery?

My trim removal tool came in the glovebox.

I bought a set of 19" wheels from VMR, mounted to my Model 3 Performance with no problems. They knew what to do in terms of machining the hubs, no centering ring required. Super fast shipping for me. Bought a set of ITM TPMS Uni-Sensors off eBay, preprogrammed for $100 for the set. Local shop mounted & balanced the set for $120 (had a set of snows already).

Reactions: NewTMSMan
Good article, wish there was something like this for me a month ago though! As a P3D- I just went with Tire Rack and got some 18" MIchellin X-Ice winter tires and had Discount Tire put them on. Taken them to the mountains a few times already and the traction has been great so far!

Reactions: NewTMSMan
I appreciated the article as well so I could see closeups of the centering rings which worried me. I was leaning Tsportline, but their prices for the tires were far higher than Tire Rack, but at least their wheels are the hub-centric design. I was hesitant to buy wheels and use centering rings, but the article shows the images plus talking to Tire Rack made me feel better. I've always used OEM wheels on my German cars for they were always hub-centric.

I ended up with Andros R9's 19" (not my first choice, I wanted the ASA GT14's 19" but they did not have in stock for the warehouse near WA (otherwise they charge to ship from the warehouses where they had stock).

One more thing... for those getting the 19" wheels, Tire Rack has Michelin Alpin 5's (newer than the PA4's it appears) , but in 245 width. Tire Rack confirmed that these fit on the 8.5" wheel options. I went this route!

Really good article, thanks for posting. Just canceled my TSportline order and ordered wheels and tires from Tire Rack (ASA GT14 wheels and Michelin XIce Xi3 tires). TSPortline kept pushing out delivery now until the end of December. Wheel choices were pretty limited at TireRack now, but found what I hope we will like.

Quick question; did the trim removal tool for the wheel removal come with your car on delivery?

Yes the tool was in my glove box in the little plastic bag with the part number label on it when I received my car. I liked the looks of the Tsportline wheels especially the satin black but they just didn't have anything that was in stock either wheel wise or tire wise in a timely fashion, plus the wheel weights were heavier than what I ended up buying so I can re-use these wheels in the summer time as track wheels since they are much lighter than the factory ones. I saved 7.4 lbs per corner over the factory wheel and tire setup with these wheels and tires for winter.