Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter wheels: Tesla original 19 vs Rial 19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have two options regarding winter wheels:

Tesla original 19 with Nokian Hakka 7 (Tesla don't seem to deliver Hakka 8)

Rial Lugano (gray) 19 with Nokian Hakka 8

Thoughts?

I would seriously consider the Hakka R2's. Take a look. I have the Hakka 7's. They work well, but I have grown to hate the "Rice Krispy" sound of the studs on dry pavement, as well as the loss of dry pavement traction.

in china/peking they have extremely high PM10 almost all the time... guess what? they dont drive with studded tires. strange isnt it??? Same in spain and many other places. Yes studde domaffect Pm10 but just a very small % compared to many other factors. Studded saves many lives in icy regions every year. Period!

how do spikes affect efficiency?
Hard to say because the tires they are installed on have deeper tread depth and are used in situations where efficiency is reduced by the road conditions. Basically, you're not going to be setting any range records while driving through snow and when the temperature is cold. The small amount of difference studs may affect is just a noise factor.

On dry or wet roads with my spikes I don't see much difference between my nokians (spikes) and my primary's in fact it's just about the same. Now when there is snow or ice on the ground it all goes out the window because traction control is working the entire time. For instance it's 7 miles to basically go from sea level at the bottom of my hill to my house at 2100' it takes about 13 miles of rated range on a normal dry or wrt day with either set of tires. If there is snow or ice were looking at 25 rated miles maybe more.