TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

winter wheels - thoughts?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Hybris, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Hybris

Hybris Member

what do you think of those wheels? (for winter use)
    RAUTAMO WHEEL FASHION

was thinking of Nokian Hakka 8.

2. Mario Kadastik

Mario Kadastik Active Member

Doesn't look too different from the Mak Bimmer Blacks that I got. Will be installing them on Tuesday, then post pics. But I did before always when thinking photoshop the rims to the car to see how it'd look ;)

3. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

#3 SwedishAdvocate, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    I can only comment on the looks,

…and everyone has an esthetic preference. Personally, judging from the picture in your link, and this one:

Brock.png
    Image Credit: Brock (Brock B32 SKM)

…I prefer these Brocks to Tesla’s own 19’’ default 10-spoke and the Cyclones. I also prefer them to the Rial Luganos and the wheels Mario has ordered (Sorry Mario :redface: )…

Full disclosure: If getting a MS of my own was an option, I would want winter wheels with low aerodynamic drag. And the only wheels that I am aware of that fit that description and the MS are Tesla’s own Aero Wheels. But I would try to get an unpainted set, and then powder coat those in some dark, matte gunmetal color. And of course not as Tesla paints them, but instead the entire wheels. There is a photoshopped picture somewhere on the forum of what that could look like. (And I would probably want a second set of such wheels as summer wheels as well…)

4. lloyds

lloyds Member

compare weight too as this would affect handling