Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for winter wheels. Already selected the tires: X-ice Xe3.

BTW I'm in Canada. If you have any suggestions or "don't buy this", go on. For now the cheapest I found is here.

R141A
I use the standard 5 spoke rims for my winter set of ice 3's. Good choice btw. Then I have the TST sportlines for the all season tires.

The TSTs are reasonably priced and they look great.

OEM take-off 19" wheels, Hakka R2s on my 85D. The car will literally go anywhere until it high centers. Watch out for rocks sticking up between the ruts on those steep jeep tracks and logging roads -- I have the service bill to attest to it! But it is really that good in low-traction conditions, that you can get yourself into situations where you have to worry about such things.

Among other things I probably should not know is that the backup camera with the predictive guide lines makes it shockingly easy to back up 1+ miles when you cannot find somewhere to turn around. Even in the winter. Even on a logging road you mistook for a driveway. Even in the dark. Really, really not recommended and I'm never doing it again, but... it is possible. And my neck felt a whole lot better afterwards than the last time I backed up like that, in my old Subaru.