Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wintergreen Resort charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm bringing this thread back to life because ski season is upon us. Anyone have an update on Wintergreen charging? I've seen one place on AirBnB that has EV charging for guests that stay there. Plugshare used to show a 14-50 outlet in the vicinity, but it has been taken down.

I have since purchased a house at Wintergreen and have installed a Wall Connector on a 60 amp circuit. Several other homeowners have 14-50 outlets, but as of right now there is no public charging option at Wintergreen. I'm sure the more interest that is expressed to management, the more likely something will be installed.

Reactions: cbh03
My sister has a house at Wintergreen. In the times I've visited over the past few years I have not seen any sign of charging infrastructure there. Admittedly, I didn't look at that hard. I just charged up sufficiently at the closest supercharger on the way in.

I suspect those that own EV's there add L2 charging to their homes. Doesn't help folks coming for short term stay.

I have seen a good number of Teslas up at Wintergreen this summer. I pulled into The Market once recently and was the 4th Tesla parked there. I don't know how many are home owners with L2 charging and how many simply charged up enough in Lynchburg/Charlottesville/Staunton/Lexington to make the return trip. I see fewer Teslas in the winter, but with some planning it is do-able even if you just make use of an extension cord and a NEMA 5-15. The resort would certainly benefit by dropping some chargers in somewhere.