Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winterproof floor mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dbitter1

Journeyman Member
Dec 12, 2014
Chicago, IL
So P85D coming next week... and I'm sure not far behind will be the winter nightmare. All the Tesla-branded floormats look to be pretty weak, when pitted against gallons of melting snow, rock salt, and lord knows what stuck in it... compared to something like the WeatherTech mats. The "all weather" official mats look like they wouldn't hold the melted snow off of a set of ladies stiletto heels before it ran into the carpet.

So for the northerners out there... what do you use to keep the interior carpet safe from the horrors of winter? Is there something better than WeatherTech?

We have the Weather Tech mats and love them, our SC even installed them for us. A week later the Tesla winter mats showed up on the web store and they look exactly like the Weather Tech except they say "Tesla" in the little spot where ours say WeatherTech. Bet they are made by the same manufacturer.

I suppose I should clarify my statement: I'm looking for something that can hold a cubic boatload of slush and melted snow. The "all weather" floor mats from WeatherTech (which suffice to meet this) claim to not be made for the MS yet. I've seen them on other cars, and they are the bomb... so the "digital fit" are the only option, and yes, they do look a lot like the ones in the Tesla online store.

Well, thank you, @psingram, one vote for them.

The Tesla Store all-weather mats are really WeatherTech All Weather Liners, with the Tesla Label. You can order the Trunk Liner from WT, without the footwell liner, and save yourself about $70 (but you don't get the Tesla label). I'm waiting for the actual All Weather Mats to become available. Had them in my 911, and they were, by far, the best all weather protection I've had in a car. I'm just not crazy about the liners - but maybe could be persuaded after seeing them in person.