TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Wipe down the dash, sunroof opens?!

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by MrOteece, Mar 10, 2013.

1. MrOteece

MrOteece Member

Car was running, at stop light. Passenger dusted the top of the dash with a microfiber cloth. AC goes off, panel dims, and then the sunroof opens! (No touching the screen) Repeated attempts led us to conclude that a recirculating air sensor causes the AC to go off, and that much is reproducible. I was a little weirded about by the other effects though. Felt like the car was going berserk. Anyone else run into this? AC on recirc, cloth swiped across passenger side near windshield.

2. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

Other parts not reproducible? I'd guess the passenger unconsciously put other hand on screen to steady oneself.

Otherwise, you've got a shaky connection and it should be reproducible in some manner.

3. MrOteece

MrOteece Member

Definitely no touching of the screen. There is another post where someone had the car freak out when wiping the inside of the windshield. Possibly a static issue?

4. teslasguy

teslasguy MSP P#1117

Someone else posted about their screen going crazy when they were cleaning the inside if their windshield. Sounds like some real static sensitivity.

P1117 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. strider

strider Active Member

I think it was ckessel that had an issue where the dash was putting pressure on the screen so if you pushed on the dash it would flex the screen which would be interpreted as a press on the screen and random things would happen. Not sure if it's this or static like someone else mentioned. You might try pushing on the dash on the top or sides of the screen to test.