TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wiper and Headlight Settings

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Sonny Daze, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Sonny Daze

Sonny Daze Member

Can the headlights be set to turn on when the wipers are activated?

This is the law in some locations and while I'm not aware of any cars that have this feature, it would be nice to have.

2. MGMDaware

MGMDaware Member

correct me if I am wrong, but that is default. At least, it was on mine. My lights go on automatically with the wipers and I don't remember making any specific settings.

• Like x 1
  3. kevinf311

kevinf311 Member

With my headlights set to Auto and my Wipers set to the first level auto-sensing setting, my headlights will illuminate automatically when the windshield wipers first activate.

As far as I know, either of the auto-sensing settings (and perhaps the two continual settings that I never use) will illuminate the headlights so long as they are set to Auto.

One problem I have with the pairing is that in very slight rain (where one should probably, but may also be required to, have their headlights on) the headlights will sometimes extinguish if the period between wiper passes is too lengthy. At least on AP software versions that show the little car avatar (for both AP and no AP cars) you can see if the headlights are on or not.

4. Sonny Daze

Sonny Daze Member

Thanks for the good news (and from a couple locals nonetheless).

5. kevinf311

kevinf311 Member

Sure thing! We'll look for you in that sweet Model ≡ once you pick it up :D

6. MGMDaware

MGMDaware Member

There are plenty of us in the DMV area. Be sure to check out the DC Area owners club and the Mid Atlantic forum. Great way to get extra resources/assistance with your baby when s/he arrives!

• Like x 2