Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper blade replacement model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks but there must be cheaper and better options than £42 from Tesla? Haven't been impressed with the wipers so far (smearing the screen for a while even after cleaning)

Wow @m3p_uk. A disagree for providing a link that also includes a post on how to fit the Bosch ones from Halfords that are listed as do not fit.

This forum has a whole host of information answering your question, yet creating another thread seems to be the easiest way to expect an answer and then disagreeing with those that take the time to point you in the direction of the existing information. Well apologies for not taking up my time to personally answer your question. If I didn't help, just don't bother to say anything but I am sure others may find that information useful.

Last edited:
I bought these early this year (March time) and have been fine since.

You use one of the adapters in the box to fit correctly.

Easier to fit the adapter to the arm first, then you fit the wiper blade to the arm

I bought these early this year (March time) and have been fine since.

You use one of the adapters in the box to fit correctly.

Easier to fit the adapter to the arm first, then you fit the wiper blade to the arm

I was about to order these myself but read a post of someone hearing squeaks 3 months in, which somewhat put me off. Have you noticed similiar?

I'm looking for a pair of softer blades than the stock Teska ones. I found last winter in the colder weather that the stock ones became much stiffer in the cold and didn't clean as well as they did in the summer.
Any reccomendations?

You need a 16mm top lock. wiperblades.co.uk have a good selection for the Model 3 and I have purchased a pair of lucas blades for about £16 which are great. I just wanted a spare at hand but I relegated the OEMs to spares! The lucas Product Codes are LWDF26J & LWDF19J and J is the 16mm top lock. Unlike the Bosch they are not handed.
Ordered for £17.49 after using a 5% off code thanks!

I was about to order these myself but read a post of someone hearing squeaks 3 months in, which somewhat put me off. Have you noticed similiar?
I wish I had read this post before. I bought these and can confirm they do a "thud" noise when they touch the top of the windscreen, that didn't happen with the OEM ones. Disappointed, 2 weeks in and I'm looking to replace them

Is it top of screen or side of screen? Double check the new size and position against old and if a minimal difference the arm can be adjusted to prevent it over sweeping. Ours needed that after a new wiper arm was fitted by Tesla during windscreen replacement. Ours was done as part of a ranger visit but would be DIY if you know what you are doing.

You had to say this after i had a nice "no problem" run!

Its now squeaking at the top of the wipe even after cleaning. New blades me thinks

Can i drop a discount code in here?
Could you please PM the discount code if still available. Many thanks

I wish I had read this post before. I bought these and can confirm they do a "thud" noise when they touch the top of the windscreen, that didn't happen with the OEM ones. Disappointed, 2 weeks in and I'm looking to replace them

Well, I must be the bigger numpty here because despite my research, I still ended up buying and installing these *doh*.

I have to say a few months in I have never heard a thud on mine and they haven't developed a squeak *yet*. Have you double-checked you installed them correctly and they were the correct size for the car? I presume the old OEM's didn't thud?

You had to say this after i had a nice "no problem" run!

Its now squeaking at the top of the wipe even after cleaning. New blades me thinks

Could you please PM the discount code if still available. Many thanks

How long have you had them installed for out of curiosity? I don't want to teach you to suck eggs but have you tried any of these methods to see if any of them help get rid?

I should have gone with my gut but I guess time will tell lol, fortunately, they're inexpensive so not the end of the world.

Well, I must be the bigger numpty here because despite my research, I still ended up buying and installing these *doh*.

I have to say a few months in I have never heard a thud on mine and they haven't developed a squeak *yet*. Have you double-checked you installed them correctly and they were the correct size for the car? I presume the old OEM's didn't thud?

How long have you had them installed for out of curiosity? I don't want to teach you to suck eggs but have you tried any of these methods to see if any of them help get rid?

I should have gone with my gut but I guess time will tell lol, fortunately, they're inexpensive so not the end of the world.
Got them early this year. They had been fine until this week. I have cleaned the screen and blades but it's not a constant squeak that happens when I turn them on. Just occurs after sometime after being on.

The squeak is at the top of the wipe when it then returns down.

Might be the wrong type of rain

You need a 16mm top lock. wiperblades.co.uk have a good selection for the Model 3 and I have purchased a pair of lucas blades for about £16 which are great. I just wanted a spare at hand but I relegated the OEMs to spares! The lucas Product Codes are LWDF26J & LWDF19J and J is the 16mm top lock. Unlike the Bosch they are not handed.
Just replaced the OEMs on my M3LR with these Lucas blades. Work fine and very quiet. Hope they last ...