Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper blade replacement model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered a set of Bosch A864S, which was what Wiperblades.co.uk said were compatible blades. one of them appears to be 25mm shorter than the A102S, which is what others seem to be advising to go for, albeit they are LHD fit. Couldn't find anyone discussing the suitability of the A864S for model 3, so I will report back once they arrive tomorrow. meanwhile, if anyone has fitted A864S then please let me know your experience here. thanks.

Just ordered a set of Bosch A864S, which was what Wiperblades.co.uk said were compatible blades. one of them appears to be 25mm shorter than the A102S, which is what others seem to be advising to go for, albeit they are LHD fit. Couldn't find anyone discussing the suitability of the A864S for model 3, so I will report back once they arrive tomorrow. meanwhile, if anyone has fitted A864S then please let me know your experience here. thanks.
I have the A864S set along with some Michelin Stealth blades and OE blades from a Tesla SC here.
The OE passenger side blade is 19" whereas the Bosch blade is 18" but I wouldn't be too worried about it as in practise that makes it just 12.5mm shorter each end which is hardly noticeable.

A problem with the Michelin blades is that the 19" one doesn't come with the correct adapter to fit the Model 3 wiper arm, but the 18" one does, so you're forced to choose the slightly shorter one because those adapters are almost impossible to buy separately.
I don't know if that's also why you get the shorter one in the Bosch kit.

Reactions: gdallas
Haven’t replaced my wiper blades since new (2.5 years), just use WD40 on the rubber then thoroughly clean the glass with a glass cleaning product. Works for me!

There's clearly nothing inherently problematical with the Tesla brand wiper blades ... mine are halfway through their 3rd winter and still as good as new! I'm not a crazy car cleaner but I do take care to clean the screen thoroughly and to clean the wiper blades if anything has been caught (leaf or bug) to cause a streak. Because I have some 303 Aerospace Protectant for treating the seats I have occasionally also used that on the blades ... I've no idea if that is what's made them last so well. I didn't know that WD40 works too.

Reactions: Durzel
There's clearly nothing inherently problematical with the Tesla brand wiper blades ... mine are halfway through their 3rd winter and still as good as new! I'm not a crazy car cleaner but I do take care to clean the screen thoroughly and to clean the wiper blades if anything has been caught (leaf or bug) to cause a streak. Because I have some 303 Aerospace Protectant for treating the seats I have occasionally also used that on the blades ... I've no idea if that is what's made them last so well. I didn't know that WD40 works too.
Only just realised that the blades Tesla just supplied to me a few days ago are the Bosch ones! (except they supplied the 19" rather than 18" pax one).
The big difference is that Tesla charge £42 + shipping and Wiperblades.co.uk charge £26.88 all in.
As a side note, the Michelin Stealth blades lift from the windscreen at high speeds so I personally wouldn't recommend them unless you only pootle about in town.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Adopado
As a side note, the Michelin Stealth blades lift from the windscreen at high speeds so I personally wouldn't recommend them unless you only pootle about in town.
Can confirm this too albeit a random one-off in my case.

Along the motorway going roughly 80ish the bottom half of the windscreen on the driver's side didn't clean, and I'm sure it gave a nice thud too. Fortunately, the motorway was quiet. At first, I thought someone had fiddled with them without me knowing, or the clip I swapped over may have affected it but then it worked/ has been working fine at lower speeds too. Was pretty random tbh, as the next time it rained it was fine even at higher speeds.

Hasn't happened since, admittedly, the cars mostly on the drive nowadays.

Can confirm this too albeit a random one-off in my case.

Along the motorway going roughly 80ish the bottom half of the windscreen on the driver's side didn't clean, and I'm sure it gave a nice thud too. Fortunately, the motorway was quiet. At first, I thought someone had fiddled with them without me knowing, or the clip I swapped over may have affected it but then it worked/ has been working fine at lower speeds too. Was pretty random tbh, as the next time it rained it was fine even at higher speeds.

Hasn't happened since, admittedly, the cars mostly on the drive nowadays.
Is that with Michelin blades or OE ones?

Shame, as I had them on my last ICE car and they were pretty good. Seems like Bosch is the only choice for the Model 3 then.
They have been fine since installation apart from that one time, although it does just take one time to possibly cause an accident. You'd expect wipers to just work!

The OEM ones were great too but in my case, some idiot decided to put one of those sticky prank stickers on the windscreen which ruined them, and why I changed them to the Michelin. I'd most likely go with the Bosch on the next pair.

Reactions: Tevo Solutions
I bought these early this year (March time) and have been fine since.

Followed the URL for these and did the compatibility checker only to find that they're apparently not compatible with a 2019 Model 3. I thought I'd bought these before but can't find any record of that. Could someone confirm if the compatibility checker is accurate or not? Cheers

Followed the URL for these and did the compatibility checker only to find that they're apparently not compatible with a 2019 Model 3. I thought I'd bought these before but can't find any record of that. Could someone confirm if the compatibility checker is accurate or not? Cheers
I got these after the Michelin ones

1 x AIRFLEX Direct Fit Flat Windscreen Wiper Blade LWDF26J
1 x AIRFLEX Direct Fit Flat Windscreen Wiper Blade LWDF19J

From wiperblades.co.uk

These ones are a lot better than the Michelin Stealth and look identical to the OEM ones.

The Michelins started to squeak so changed to the Airflex and have been really pleased with these. Also they were £18 for the set.

• Helpful
Reactions: kuruma and s88ats
The Tesla model 3 wiper blades are Bosch Aerotwin Blades. They are on the expensive side at £42 a pair, but I couldn’t find anywhere that sold Bosch wiper blades that were guaranteed to fit a Tesla when I changed mine last year.

The Tesla model 3 wiper blades are Bosch Aerotwin Blades. They are on the expensive side at £42 a pair, but I couldn’t find anywhere that sold Bosch wiper blades that were guaranteed to fit a Tesla when I changed mine last year.
£26.88 inc.

Re: Michelin Stealth blades - they lift from the screen over 70mph so if you're a 'press on' drvier, probably not a good choice.