Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper Blade Replacement Tesla Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2020 Model Y long range. I purchased Bosch Automotive Bosch Clear Advantage 26CA Wiper Blade - 26" and Bosch Clear Advantage 20CA Wiper Blade - 20" . The blades come with adaptors; however, the adaptor that looks like it is for the Model Y does not fit. The width of the receptacle on the blade arm is 5/8". The width of the adaptor is 6/8". I called Bosch and they indicate that this is the proper wiper blade set for the Model Y. I have watched YouTube Videos that show installation, but this clip does not fit. Can anyone advise what the proper Bosch wiper blade is for the Model Y?

Reactions: Mercedes fan
These are the proper size and plug right in with the appropriate adapter already in place. Installed this morning. Driver side 26" / passenger side 20" -- Replaced my OEM blades and ensured they were the correct size.

The Tesla online store sells wiper blades for the Model 3. The Model 3 wiper blades are the same design as on the Model Y. Are the Model Y wiper blades the same size as the blades for the Model 3?

Model 3 Wiper Blades

No information on the length of the blade. No wiper blade offering for the Model Y. I swear Tesla does this crap just to piss people off.

Reactions: ELECDRM
I just replaced my OEM wipers with the Bosch PURE Vision blades (26" & 20"). Bosch refers to these as "Beam" style in the selector guide on their website. Part numbers 26PUR & 20PUR. The trick is to figure out the correct adapter. I found the #6 adapter (imprinted in the plastic) was the correct choice for the 16mm wide arms on the Model Y (probably true for the Model 3 as well). Once you pull off the adapter the replacement blades come with (a challenge), installing the #6 adapter is not too difficult. Look closely at the included instructions and notice the small indentation in the mounting stake on the beam to the get the adapter orientation correct. Then, when installing on the car, DO NOT try to slide it on from the end. You will note a channel in the adapter. Insert the adapter upward from below the arm as far as it will go then slide the adapter down (towards the arm pivot) until it clicks. Once you figure out this trick it is relatively easy to install. The "wordless" instruction show this but it is difficult to understand until you actually do it yourself.

Good Luck.

Just replaced my wiper blades on my MY, followed MWhy's instructions and it worked! Thank you! I can't emphasis enough that you cannot slide it from the end. Used adapter #6.

The passenger side is a little easier than the driver's side due to how far you have to reach, so I recommend replacing the passenger side first so you can see up close how the adapter fits.

Reactions: MWhy and Puma2020
LPT: When you place the Tesla Model Y windshield wiper blades into Wiper Blade Service Mode (see Service options) you can move the wiper blade arms by hand so that the blade is easier to clean or replace. I move the driver and passenger blades in tandem but you don't have to do this, the passenger blade arm will follow the driver blade arm. When you exit Wiper Blade Service Mode the wiper blade arms will automatically calibrate to the correct position.

I don't think these are as common anymore today. Manufacturers have gone the route of replacing the entire blade.
If you install the PIAA blades, you can get the replacement inserts on Amazon. Otherwise, I've gotten replacement OEM inserts at the dealer before... But I've never had good luck with OEM inserts. They don't even last a single rainy season in the PacNW.

I tried a third party blade set that hung up on the lip of my frunk so I bought the OEM Model 3 blades from Tesla, $50 for the pair. Those of course work on the Y without modification. The Tesla site is awkward in that I had to put in two separate orders for two single blades, selecting the length of each. Why Tesla doesn’t sell them as a pair, and specify that they work on the Y, is annoying.

I tried a third party blade set that hung up on the lip of my frunk so I bought the OEM Model 3 blades from Tesla, $50 for the pair. Those of course work on the Y without modification. The Tesla site is awkward in that I had to put in two separate orders for two single blades, selecting the length of each. Why Tesla doesn’t sell them as a pair, and specify that they work on the Y, is annoying.
That is awkward and why don't that just list them under the "Parts" for the Model Y too? The online Tesla shop is so janky with stuff. It took them almost a year to get the all season mats available for the MY and stuff comes in and out of stock constantly, it's frustrating to browse and use...end up going elsewhere to buy stuff.