Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper Blade Sizes and Wiper fluid question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the Model X aftermarket Wiper Blade Size? (Are we allowed to use the aftermarket blades (e.g. Michelin wiper blades)?

Can we put the normal windshield wiper fluid (e..g. RainX from Walmart or so)?

Thanks in advance.

Well, this is good for you, and I'm not trying to take away from your experience, but I definitely had to replace mine a lot (and my car is 100% garaged) - I've had two X's , *and* a fair number of loaners, and pretty much all of them have seemed to have the same problem; there is a portion of the arc swept out by the windshield wiper where the pressure on the glass seems to be higher for whatever reason, and the windshield wiper seems to 'give out' and produce smeary results there first. It's a very distinctive band, right in the driver's critical field of vision, and I've see it on so many different vehicles that I know this is not just my imagination. I just get better results when I have Tesla replace the wiper blades once every other year or even every year. Disclaimer: Seattle, rains 200 days a year...

Thanks everyone for your replies. I too have that slight smearing on the windshield where the left blade reverses course and shudders if the speed isn't just right. I was wondering if it was because I'd used a Griott's Garage glass sealer that's like RainX (which I just recently disovered that the manual recommends against doing).

Thanks everyone for your replies. I too have that slight smearing on the windshield where the left blade reverses course and shudders if the speed isn't just right. I was wondering if it was because I'd used a Griott's Garage glass sealer that's like RainX (which I just recently disovered that the manual recommends against doing).
I am definitely not a fan of RainX. As you describe I have experienced stick and release jitters when I used it.

Reactions: X-pilot
I had mobile repair come out and replace mine. It was the same price as ordering online ($70+tax), plus $10 labor. The benefit to this is that they can also make sure the wiper angle is adjusted properly.

It's a shame we're not supposed to use RainX -- It would really be nice with the X's large windshield.

Reactions: X-pilot
I was looking at my blades yesterday on our 3/21 build Model Y and they look to have a different configuration from the Model X with the washer fluid coming out of the blade itself. There seems to be 2 nozzles for fluid on one side of the middle of the blade. I need to confirm that though with my reading glasses on. And here's an Amazon link for Model 3/Y blades: