Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper blade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this has been addressed in the past, but I wanted to get some current information.
I went to the local parts store and they let me try a few on the car. Either they looked enormous for the car or they didn't lie along the glass.
What blade is everyone using these days (and they are happy with)?

The two suggested blades look pretty similar. I think I tried one (that looked more or less the same, I couldn't even tell you the brand) and it looked like I was driving a wiper blade with a car attached :tongue:
I just noticed that the two blades Btrflyl8e suggested are not the same size as what I have. I am pretty sure we use a 25 1/2" blade (which translates to 26".) Just noticed that Btrflyl8e is probably a Model S guy...

Here are a few pictures from my "unboxing" and installation of the Bosch Icon OE blades.

This is the packaging. I didn't realize the size difference between the driver's side and passenger side until they arrived:

IMG_0241.JPG

Here are the two blades side by side. The Bosch is on the left and the OEM blade is on the right:

IMG_0243.JPG

The Bosch blades have an adapter that can be configured several different ways to fit a couple of different vehicle styles. The OEM blade is designed only to fit the style of arm used by Tesla. You have to remove the plastic piece (left) before installing the blade:

IMG_0244.JPG

Apart from the connector, the OEM blades appear identical to the Bosch Icon ones. My guess is that Tesla is having their OEM blade made by Bosch with the only modification being the connector. Admittedly, the OEM blade connector is "cleaner" looking than the universal one on the Bosch blade.

Here's a shot of the Tesla branding on the OEM blade:

IMG_0245.JPG

It rained quite hard on my way in to work this morning and the blades worked great, although I don't believe any better than the OEM blades did when they were new.

I had installed the PIAA Super Silicone from TireRack (#95065) last year but they obviously got replaced at the SC this spring during tune-up...with a Bosch.
(I totally had forgotten to tell them not to)
So it does seem that they've improved on the default blade they install.
I got caught in quite messy raining conditions with it and the front visibility was not the most unnerving thing that I was worrying about, so that's a good sign!