Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper blades are driving me crazy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Effects said:
I can't believe that a Tesla owner has not tried Piaa Super Silicone wipers as yet. I have them on mt ICE cars and the are amazing. Piaa had not listed the Tesla yet but someone needs to measure thier wipers and buy using the size.

+1 to this. I put PIAA blades on my last cars and they were fantastic.

There's definitely talk of them in the Roadster forum: wiper blade - Page 2

But as for Model S owners... based on this page: PIAA | Super Silicone which sizes would be most appropriate? The 18" and the 26"??? Are adapters needed? I need someone who knows what the heck they're doing to let me know :)

But as for Model S owners... based on this page: PIAA | Super Silicone which sizes would be most appropriate? The 18" and the 26"??? Are adapters needed? I need someone who knows what the heck they're doing to let me know :)

...So I asked the local Tesla Service Center which I should buy and this was their response:

"I just forwarded your question about the wipers to our techs and the wiper sizes to look for are 27.5" and 17.5". They do however, caution that the mount may not be compatible to what we offer from the factory. I hope this helps. "

So... what do I do with this information? Anyone with experience with PIAA wipers on a Model S? The largest size they sell seems to be 26" o_O;

I suppose I could try just buying, trying, and returning. If it needs some sort of adapter though... I have NO idea.

also...

KenN said:
No. Heated wipers is actually heating elements on the windshield in the area of the wipers' resting position.

thanks for the response. That is a relief!

Edit: decided to go with the Bosch wipers. They seem to be similarly highly regarded and at least I know they will fit!

Last edited:
I love TMC. My car is doing this too. And like some others - I applied Aquapel shortly after I took delivery. While it sounds like the Aquapel is an issue, I still contacted the SC to see what they say. I have one or two other small post-delivery issues so I hope to drop the car off and see what they say/do.