Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper blades covered and frozen in shirt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just had my windshield replaced because the landscapers kicked rocks up onto it. The other day it was scratched again.

Then the property manager said that they had to blow the puddles of water away before they froze. He suggested to wrap the wiper blades in an old T-shirt to prevent rocks from getting on the blades and further scratching it.

So I did that and wrap them up well I went outside after defrosting the car and warming it up, and the blades come off of the windshield.

However, when I try and pull the old ripped T-shirt material from being wrapped around the wiper arm, it is stuck to the wiper arm as if there’s glue on it and if you pull it off, it leaves a little fibers behind.

What’s the best way to get them off I can’t use warm water because it might shadow the windshield because it’s below zero? I need to get out but can’t travel without wipers.

Any replies are appreciated.

So I just had my windshield replaced because the landscapers kicked rocks up onto it. The other day it was scratched again.

Then the property manager said that they had to blow the puddles of water away before they froze. He suggested to wrap the wiper blades in an old T-shirt to prevent rocks from getting on the blades and further scratching it.

So I did that and wrap them up well I went outside after defrosting the car and warming it up, and the blades come off of the windshield.

However, when I try and pull the old ripped T-shirt material from being wrapped around the wiper arm, it is stuck to the wiper arm as if there’s glue on it and if you pull it off, it leaves a little fibers behind.

What’s the best way to get them off I can’t use warm water because it might shadow the windshield because it’s below zero? I need to get out but can’t travel without wipers.

Any replies are appreciated.

The solution is 99.9% rubbing alcohol in a 2-1 solution with warm water in a spray bottle. Shake well and use a rag in your hand as a barrier to protect paint.

Let soak and after two minutes it came right off.

“Science, **** yeah!”

- Jesse Pinkman