Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I’m so frustrated. I put some RainX on the windshield about an month ago and it hasn’t rained much since, yet I drove recently in the rain and noticed my blades chatter/skip/hop a little bit. So I thought. Hmm maybe just needs some more RainX around that area. So I recoated it all.

HELL NO, that junk is making the arms hop like it’s Easter now, and it’s awful. Like I think the dang arms are going to break off it’s so bad. So I bought some Denatured Alcohol and made a solution and cleaned the glass with that and pulled back out to test. Better.. but still hops bad.

So then I tried wax on the windshield. NO. It didn’t make much of a difference whatsoever.

So I don’t know what to do now.. it’s incredibly awful and the blades are only 2 months old so my last option I want to explore is replacing them.

What are you guys thinking could help?

Hey guys! I lucked up tonight and fixed it!(hopefully long term)

Out of all places, I was at the gas station near my house to meet with a few of my friends and I thought to try to use the gas station squeegee solution on it to try to get it off. To my surprise the soapy solution (I assume is a bug/tar remover type mix) removed it and the blades are back to being silky smooth and not hippy hopping anymore!

The following will not help you in the exact situation as I was in, I tried all of these.

Even more RainX
Isopropyl Alcohol
Denatured Solution Alcohol
Synthetic wax
Detailing solution
Flame Thrower or
Pyrotechnics (no matter how much you want to)

The following works

Cheapo free gas station windshield solution that most likely has been contaminated by a variant of bodily fluid.