TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Wiper fluid not coming out

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Socalcommuter, Feb 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Socalcommuter

Socalcommuter Member

2 Month old car and today I tried using the wiper fluid (never used before). Pressed the button multiple times and nothing comes out. Wipers go but not fluid. I also don't have any indicator that it is low. I will take it in for service but any thoughts?

2. Terthen

Terthen Member

Make sure to press it past the first click. One press just moves wipers, the deeper press past the first click gets the fluid out. I also thought mine was broken and asked to get it serviced until they showed me that!

• Helpful x 1
  3. Socalcommuter

Socalcommuter Member

Thank you! I will try that again tomorrow.

4. Chrisizzle

Chrisizzle Member

Also note, the fluid does not squirt in a stream from the hood or wipers.

All winter, I saw my right wiper distributing washer fluid but the driver's side was ambiguous. We had our first warm day here in Toronto, Canada and I now see that the driver's side somehow evenly distributes fluid along the length of the wiper (I think). I need to formally look at it but it's kinda like a waterfall along the rubber blade.

It's a pretty snazzy system if that's how it works but not so great in freezing conditions.

5. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

This ^^^ it tricks many new owners but should solve your problem.

6. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Supporting Member

From the Owner's Manual: "Press partially for a single wipe, without any washer fluid. Press fully for both wipe and wash."

RTFM

7. Socalcommuter

Socalcommuter Member

Thank you it works as described in the manual. I read that sucker but I must of overlooked it. It is very subtle as @Chrisizzle mentioned. It was raining today so hard to see. Thank you everyone.