Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper icons

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else who feels the wiper controls would be off staying on the bottom left of the screen all the time (or at least the ability to toggle and leave there vs disappearing)? I just find it winds up causing extra button pressing by going away and always requiring a button push on the stalk....Or is there a way to leave the controls on the screen full time that I'm missing?

Reactions: Waterop
Why? I've seen this discussed a few times and I've had no urge to ever take it off 'auto'
Because the auto feature doesn't always work well (sometimes way too fast or slow)
Whenever you press the wiper button, the instrument panel displays the wiper menu, allowing you to adjust wiper settings. Roll the left scroll button on the steering yoke up or down to choose your desired setting. Turn the wipers off.

I do understand this. My suggestion is that I wish there was an option to leave the menu on at all times. There's plenty of white screen there that's not used anyway. Any why force the user to do an extra press....just one of MANY suggestions. May not work for all but I'd prefer it.

Is there a way to keep the windshield wiper controls on the main screen?
I find that having to click the stalk then look for the control "distracted by design". When you hit a sudden downpour in traffic, taking your eyes off the road to set the wipers is anything but safe.

Thanks

Yes, it would be good to be able to keep the wiper controls on the screen. The Auto setting doesn't work well (at all?) when the rain frequently changes from none to drizzle to medium, so it would be great to be able to set it with one click.

Remember also that there are voice commands:

Update the windshield wiper speed and frequency based on changing road and weather conditions:
  • "Speed up the wipers"
  • "Increase/decrease windshield wiper speed by..."
  • "Turn on/off the wipers"
Wipers to auto??

Yes, it would be good to be able to keep the wiper controls on the screen. The Auto setting doesn't work well (at all?) when the rain frequently changes from none to drizzle to medium, so it would be great to be able to set it with one click.

Remember also that there are voice commands:

Update the windshield wiper speed and frequency based on changing road and weather conditions:
  • "Speed up the wipers"
  • "Increase/decrease windshield wiper speed by..."
  • "Turn on/off the wipers"
Wipers to auto??
Since I'm a fairly new owner I set it to auto to at least try it.
I found the voice command quite laggy where I have to click a button say command and wait for command to be interpreted then as long as it interpreted correctly it turns on. It gets me wrong many times.
Having the controls stuck on the main screen would be ideal.