Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper Nozzles and Door Handles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I recently picked up my Tesla m3 standard range + and and I had a technician come over today but didn’t find anything wrong

issue 1:
Wiper fluid/nosels:
t seems that the wiper fluid isn’t coming out properly. The fluid only comes out when the wipers are all the way up. From a YouTube video someone slowed down his footage and his was spraying down when the wipers were still all the way down and then started to move. From his footage it seemed to spray down and up as if there are 3 nosels. Mine only come up from the end of the blade and only at the highest position of the wiper blade. This leaves the glass with dried residue in the middle of window when it finishes. The Tesla technician said the model 3 only has 1 nosel per wiper blade and that he didn’t observe any issue. Can anyone confirm how many nosels there are for the fluid to come out?

Issue 2:
Both Back doorhandles are recessed. My front door handles are flush with the body, but both back door handles are recessed a good 1-2 cm. The technician said this is how it’s designed and that those doors aren’t supposed to be flush. Can anyone confirm this?

The wiper fluid is supposed to come out the moment you press the button when the wiper is at the bottom of the window. It then swipes up with that pool of wiper fluid on the blades. There is one jet on each side of the arm on the wiper blade. You can't see it squirt out because the wipers are recessed under the hood.

Handles not completely flushed with the body is a common "issue" but they can't really fix it. My handles are flush on all 4 sides.
The handle is one solid unit that they have to replace and that might not even make a difference compared to the original one.

Handles not completely flushed with the body is a common "issue" but they can't really fix it. My handles are flush on all 4 sides.
The handle is one solid unit that they have to replace and that might not even make a difference compared to the original one.
What year is your model 3? See attached photo

Attachments

• B57131E7-12D7-4D0C-B2A5-6AD39BAD1C1A.jpeg
    B57131E7-12D7-4D0C-B2A5-6AD39BAD1C1A.jpeg
    268.6 KB · Views: 181
There are posts in the Model Y forum detailing the same issue. Some people had them fixed by the Service Center, others were told by techs that it's "within spec". They can reinstall a handle but it requires taking apart the door panel.

My new March 2021 M3 has the same issue in the rear passenger and driver side door handles. It irks me every time I walk up to the car, especially since the placement at that specific angle on the body line makes it more obvious.

Planning on having the SC took a look at them soon.

Not sure where your service guy was trained, but (unless they’ve changed things) the Model 3 (and Y I presume) have two nozzles. They spray parallel to the wipers, in opposite directions. One toward the passenger side, the other towards the drivers side.

The nozzles (spray direction) is adjustable and it’s possible that the one spraying towards the drivers side is poorly adjusted or even clogged.

PM me your email and I’ll send you a slo mo video of mine if you like.

But if you search around on YouTube, you can find tutorials on how to adjust them. Basically just use a very small screwdriver and move the little nozzle around until you like it. It can be a pain though lol

Not sure where your service guy was trained, but (unless they’ve changed things) the Model 3 (and Y I presume) have two nozzles. They spray parallel to the wipers, in opposite directions. One toward the passenger side, the other towards the drivers side.

The nozzles (spray direction) is adjustable and it’s possible that the one spraying towards the drivers side is poorly adjusted or even clogged.

PM me your email and I’ll send you a slo mo video of mine if you like.

But if you search around on YouTube, you can find tutorials on how to adjust them. Basically just use a very small screwdriver and move the little nozzle around until you like it. It can be a pain though lol
Actually there are three nozzles...

Took my M3 into the service center for an unrelated issue and as an aside asked about the driver rear handle not being flush.

He said it's a known issue but they don't fix it, perhaps there will be a "retrofit" in the future. He discouraged trying to fix it, even after I mentioned people on this forum had theirs done successfully, because it might involve shims that wouldn't be factory installed.

Reading through the service manual, the installation process for the handle describes shims. It's hard for me to say without looking at the parts in hand, but it still sounds doable and safe.

Anyways, I wasn't completely satisfied. I might try to schedule a service call for this issue and upload an image to see what someone else says.