TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Wiper Service Position Unavailable

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by BertL, Dec 31, 2015.

1. BertL

BertL Active Member

I must be missing something. When I wash my MS, I back it out, set it into Park, then to move the wipers up, I go to Controls / Settings / Service & Reset / Service Mode ON. Since taking delivery 3 months ago, that's worked every time except the last two... Where the Service Mode option is greyed-out and cannot be used. (Side note: Wouldn't it be great if Tesla put small type under greyed-out buttons as to what condition is causing it? Anyway...)

Are there other conditions necessary to make Wiper Service Mode always available beyond putting MS in Park and ensuring the wipers are OFF on the control stalk? The only thing I can think of is it's been under or close to 50F the last two times I've tried this when washing my MS, but I don't see any temperature restrictions in the Owner's Manual searching all the Wiper and Cold Weather Pkg (which I also have) references.

Thanks in advance for any helpful thoughts, beyond gremlins or it being a full moon -- which it wasn't. ;)

2. xa20es

xa20es Member

#2 xa20es, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    Make sure your wipers are turned OFF on the stalk.
    edit: Ok, scratch that, I should learn to read, sorry.

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

#3 ecarfan, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    OP stated his wipers were turned off at the stalk control.
    Sorry, I have not used that function so cannot assist. It does sound like glitch.
    I suggest that you take your car in to your local Service Center and show them the problem.

4. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

wipers off got me before.

5. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

Are you sure you were in Park on those times it didn't work?