Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wipers in the snow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a model 3 with about 2,000 miles. I drive it in the snow yesterday and the wipers kept icing up. I stopped and cleaned them off but they continued to ice up.
I got the new software update 2 days ago so I tried to defrost the windshield and now it not only blows on the windshield but it turns all the heat to high. It used to only blow on the windshield. Is there a fix for this?

Hitting the windshield defrost once on mine turns the icon blue and blows whatever temperature it was blowing before I hit it, just directed at the windshield.

Hitting it again turns the icon red and sets the heat to high.

But that's always been the case for me - not a new feature 🤔

Reactions: TexasTezla
I have a model 3 with about 2,000 miles. I drive it in the snow yesterday and the wipers kept icing up. I stopped and cleaned them off but they continued to ice up.
I got the new software update 2 days ago so I tried to defrost the windshield and now it not only blows on the windshield but it turns all the heat to high. It used to only blow on the windshield. Is there a fix for this?

thats normal. thats what a defroster does and what its always done.

Reactions: ECTO-1 and rpiotro