TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wipers Jumping and Skipping

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by KBurbridge14, Oct 29, 2016.

1. KBurbridge14

KBurbridge14 Member

As the rains have started here in California, I've discovered that my wiper blades are an abomination. Even if I wait until the windshield is drenched, the wiper skips and jumps across the windshield. It's untenable. Any suggestions?

2. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure This All Out

Some are suggesting the Bosch blades are much better.

I used mine the other day in various rain situations and found it OK but the wiper speed was not really logical at all. In some cases it was wiping a lightly misted windshield while in other cases it was delaying wiping a windshield that needed to be wiped.

I did not have streaking, skipping or jumping but I will also state my windshield was immaculate before the rain started.