TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wipers running after 2018.24.1and won't stop

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by iwannam3, Jun 29, 2018.

1. iwannam3

iwannam3 Member

Getting into my car to read the release notes and the wipers started running in my garage! Switching to manual and back to auto did not stop them. Doing a re-boot did not stop them! I had to go to wiper service mode which finally stopped them. They did not restart when switching out of service mode. I figured it out by the time I was forwarded to technical help on the service phone number.

2. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

I wonder if something in your garage resembles rain drops and confused the thing... I'm curious what would have happened if you would have pulled out of the garage.

3. iwannam3

iwannam3 Member

Never happened before. Lights not on, just sunlight coming in from the back. The new software was the only change. It does wipe in a tunnel in Portland when moving. There is another thread about the known tunnel issue.

4. Supertester777

We were passing thru a dust storm on I-5 around Bakersfield and the wiper started automatically.

5. iwannam3

iwannam3 Member

Had to re-boot to get FM stations and now back up camera is black for a couple seconds after the download.