Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wipers stopped working, then headlights and Lane Avoidance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an M3 AWD with f/w 2019.20.1. This morning the wipers wouldn't activate via the screen or the turn signal button. They also wouldn't move into the Service Mode position. When I got to work I discovered the headlights weren't coming on. I leave them in Auto and they turn on when going into the parking garage. They didn't go on and wouldn't turn on when switched to On. Further, when I stopped parked I was getting a Lane Avoidance Limited warning. I tried several times resetting via the scroll wheels, but to no avail. When I went back to the car to go to an afternoon appointment, it had "healed" itself and everything is working again.

I've made an appointment at the service center, but don't expect there is much they can do if it's not actively exhibiting the problem, perhaps some diagnostics.

Has anyone else had a string of seemingly unrelated systems stop responding?

Could be one of the other computers. I was thinking the AP computer, but I would think manual wipers would still be possible.

Other than the two scroll wheel reset, the "Power Off" button, wait 5 minutes, restart with brake (or door open) reset is supposed to reset a few more things. It does seem to fix a few more problems than the normal reset. I suspect the power off works the same as letting the car shut itself off and go to sleep. So sometimes the car just starts working correctly after you leave it alone long enough, having basically reset itself.

• Love
Reactions: TT97
Could be one of the other computers. I was thinking the AP computer, but I would think manual wipers would still be possible.

Other than the two scroll wheel reset, the "Power Off" button, wait 5 minutes, restart with brake (or door open) reset is supposed to reset a few more things. It does seem to fix a few more problems than the normal reset. I suspect the power off works the same as letting the car shut itself off and go to sleep. So sometimes the car just starts working correctly after you leave it alone long enough, having basically reset itself.

Thanks for the suggestion. At the risk of seeming dense, what is the "Power Off" button?