Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wipers Turning to Manual from Auto

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am almost certain that this has been the situation since the radar became disabled, which I believe happened around 2022.36. Unfortunately, I have not been able to completely disable the wipers in AP or TACC, which is frustrating because at times they activate unnecessarily. While I am able to choose between the settings of 1-4 and auto, disabling them entirely is not possible.

I keep my wipers on auto but when auto doesn't cut it, I push the button on the end of the stalk to get one swipe. The bigger issue is that sometimes, when I'm in auto on a sunny day the wipers will start working. It doesn't happen often but I find that more annoying than when the wipers are working frequently enough in the rain. So, lately, I keep the wipers off, push the button as needed in light rain and use voice command to turn them on when it's raining harder. BUT, should it really be this way in a $50,000+ car????
Yeah, great. Except that when engaging Cruise or Auto Pilot, the wiper setting goes automatically back to Automatic and then the wipers come on when there is NO RAIN. Come on Tesla software people....

I was fighting with not being able to turn off my auto wipers for over a year. On sunny days especially, they would run and squeak on the windshield while using cruise control or autopilot. But I found a solution!! There is an aftermarket product call "s3xy buttons" from enhance auto, and they have a feature to prevent auto-wipers from turning on. Get the minimum amount of buttons -- it provides this function automatically using zero buttons when you have the option enabled.