Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wired Internet at Superchargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are lines at superchargers? Never seen one. But I live in NY and have barely left the state in the last year. NJ, CT, RI & MA are as far as I ever get these days.

With Tidal coming in a wifi only mode, this will be very handy. If I ever do that cross country trip I'll download a new bunch at each charge session.

And yes, I've heard out west it can be pretty bad sometimes.

There are lines at superchargers? Never seen one. But I live in NY and have barely left the state in the last year. NJ, CT, RI & MA are as far as I ever get these days.

With Tidal coming in a wifi only mode, this will be very handy. If I ever do that cross country trip I'll download a new bunch at each charge session.

you have to travel in California specially during long weekends to get a glimpse of SuperCharger waiting lines. In one instance Police has to be called to move the cars in a different queue system as the long lines was hampering business for other retailers who were complaining.

Even in some Missouri SCs, I've seen lines. It's rare out here, and usually doesn't last very long, but it happens. Would also be great for SCs with bad data connections. The LTE at the Springfield, MO supercharger station is borderline nonfunctional every time I've been there.

Starlink connectivity? Looks like we’ll need and account.

This could be useful for opening up the Supercharger network.
If they're planning to open it up via app access, having wifi at the site would mean people would be able to use the site even if they don't have data on their cell.

Of course, it's also useful in areas with poor cell coverage. We were up at the Jackman, ME Supercharger location (using the CCS chargers for our Kona) and had no coverage on Verizon (Verizon + Visible).

Reactions: DblOSmith