Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless Charger - iPhone 12 Mini

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had been having an issue with the wireless charger charging my iPhone 12 mini. Two service calls later and I’ve learned that the positioning of the coil in the phone has a quirk due I’m assuming to the size of the phone. You have to barely insert it down into the charger, wait for it to start charging before sliding it down all the way. It will keep charging after it starts. If you go all the way straight down, it won’t charge. Weird.

B0BF9FD7-06D6-45AE-93FB-EC3BE3E48FAF.jpeg
Mind sharing what you created? I’d be interested in something. I was going to talk to a buddy that has a 3D printer about making something.
That’s exactly what I was think of doing but I don’t have any cool friends with a 3D printer.

if you do have one made, I’d totally be interested.

I think I've found a work around that works for me... I just lay my phone down upside-down on the pad. I think this probably aligns the coil and the phone a little better.

Otherwise iPhone 13 mini charging, or rather the lack, has been driving me crazy.

Been thinking of doing a mod to add a MagSafe coil plugged into a USB C port... anyone tried this?

I think I've found a work around that works for me... I just lay my phone down upside-down on the pad. I think this probably aligns the coil and the phone a little better.

Otherwise iPhone 13 mini charging, or rather the lack, has been driving me crazy.

Been thinking of doing a mod to add a MagSafe coil plugged into a USB C port... anyone tried this?
I did what t3sl4drvr did but with a little bit of foam and it’s been flawless. I did take the charger out and apart to see if I could retrofit a MagSafe in it but my wife found a much simpler solution.