Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless Charger Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received my new 2022 MYP today. All is well so far, except the wireless charging pad. Doesn't work...no phone case....tried both sides of the charging pad...tried different phones. I've read the charger sucks especially with any kind of phone case. Anyone else have this issue?

Tesla service scheduled but should I just replace with an aftermarket option?

Just received my new 2022 MYP today. All is well so far, except the wireless charging pad. Doesn't work...no phone case....tried both sides of the charging pad...tried different phones. I've read the charger sucks especially with any kind of phone case. Anyone else have this issue?

No, they should fix it.

check the other thread with missing usb c/ wireless charging issues

My wireless pad only very intermittently works. Most of the time my phone is sitting there not charging. I've tried with and without the modest case. Has anyone taken the pad apart to see if it's connected correctly? It wouldn't surprise me if there is a lose connection. I'd like to test with another phone, but we only have 2 Pixel 5s with wireless capability in our household.

My wireless pad only very intermittently works. Most of the time my phone is sitting there not charging. I've tried with and without the modest case. Has anyone taken the pad apart to see if it's connected correctly? It wouldn't surprise me if there is a lose connection. I'd like to test with another phone, but we only have 2 Pixel 5s with wireless capability in our household.
I have to same problem with no charging in any configuration or phone placement. Also wondering if it is even connected. Definitely want to learn how to disassemble console. Will let you know when I find the approach.

Reactions: Noflash
I find the wireless charger in my MYP 2022 to be very weak. My iPhone 13 pro max just gets fairly hot but state of charge doesn’t seem to increase. At best phone’s current state of charge is maintained. Is the trick to. It use phone for anything else such as streaming music via bluetooth while charging? No issues if I use usb-c for recharging.

Service ppl told me to remove the case to charge which I found impractical so I tried a few days charging my iPhone 12 upside down with the case on. I thought it was working but then yesterday on an 1 hour drive, I think it stopped charging sometime during the drive. No actual proof that it stopped so I'll have to keep monitoring the situation.