Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless charger that will work with Pixel 6 (pro)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is a bit more of a Pixel problem than a Tesla problem, but the Pixel 6/6 Pro series of phones are very...picky when it comes to wireless charging, and generally only works well/reliably with specific chargers and wireless charging standards (EPP).

I have had both an older and newer model of the Taptes wireless charging pad for my M3, and it....doesn't charge my pixel 6 (it'll charge like 1% every 20-30 minutes, or not at all, and usually the phone just overheats like crazy). I have no case on my phone so there's nothing physically restricting the charge from getting through. Taptes does sell a "booster" that will increase the voltage from 5w to 10w, which I've considered buying to see if it also changes the signal in any way that makes it more Pixel friendly, but I wanted to just ask here to see if anyone knows of anything else on the market that works.

For what it's worth, the Tesla built-in charger on new model 3's also will not reliably wirelessly charge a Pixel 6 - it runs into the same issue.

Fwiw, I have never had any trouble charging my (non-pro) Pixel 6 using the built-in charger (mid '21). I have it in a Spigen Rugged Armor case.
Whoa that's so interesting...I rented a 2022 Model 3 this weekend for myself and my cousins. We all have various Pixel 6 or 6 Pro phones and none of ours had reliable success on the built in charging pads (sometimes one would charge a few %s but then stop, sometimes it would not charge one bit, but get really hot, etc.