Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless charging in Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious if anyone has heard about possible wireless charging in the Model X or Model S. I know they've been demonstrating the technology for a couple of years now at CES. Based of the latest charging rate numbers it looks like the technology is pretty viable (not sure about price). If not I hope Tesla will offer it as an option in their cars soon. I think it's a big plus for EV's since it allows could allow charging in front of apartments without having to worry about vandalism etc. Plus you would never forget to plug in your car. I know I forget to plug in my electric mower once in a while and it's a huge headache. Wouldn't want to have to call into work and let them know I'd be late cause I forgot to plug my car in. :tongue:

The company I saw @ CES did an aftermarket conversion on a Roadster. I imagine if Tesla starts selling the S's like hotcakes, someone will pop up with some solutions. Forgetting to plug in is yet another reason I opted for the 300 pack.