Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless charging not working

bikingles

May 1, 2021
sherman oaks ca
New to the forum just got my M3 yesterday and still exploring features. One problem I’ve encountered is the wireless charging function doesn’t work continuously. Charges for a few seconds and stops. I’ve taken my IPhone SE out of the case but still not charging. Would like to avoid using a lighting cable if possible. Any suggestions or known fix would be appreciated.

techzelle

Jan 14, 2021
Sunnyvale, CA
That small phone? Try the passenger side charger.

Or manually move the phone around the charge pad to see if you can locate a sweet-spot for charging.
Then if it is way off center, put in a support call.
Or build a frame or spacer to make it easier to place and keep the phone on the sweet spot.

Reactions: TBrownTX

Matsayz

Jul 6, 2019
Las Vegas
I find that when this happens it's actually my iPhone that's the problem. Try rebooting the phone. Apple has known issues with wireless charging...

rpo

Jun 12, 2014
Seattle, Washington
I had Tesla install the wireless charger after my install attempt resulted in charging only working for a couple seconds at a time. They installed it, and said it was working, but I am still having it quit after 3 seconds max. Only way to revive it is to unplug. That only results in it failing after 3 seconds again though. Using a Pixel 5.

bikingles

May 1, 2021
sherman oaks ca
Just got mine yesterday day and im experiencing the same issue. Any update on a fix?
After being frustrated I made a service request. Tech came out checked wiring and mentioned it sometimes takes a few days for phone to adapt to the charging pads. Sounded strange but it started working. Both my phone and wife’s have been working. Give it a few days if not request service. Hope this helps.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC