Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless charging not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to the forum just got my M3 yesterday and still exploring features. One problem I’ve encountered is the wireless charging function doesn’t work continuously. Charges for a few seconds and stops. I’ve taken my IPhone SE out of the case but still not charging. Would like to avoid using a lighting cable if possible. Any suggestions or known fix would be appreciated.

I had Tesla install the wireless charger after my install attempt resulted in charging only working for a couple seconds at a time. They installed it, and said it was working, but I am still having it quit after 3 seconds max. Only way to revive it is to unplug. That only results in it failing after 3 seconds again though. Using a Pixel 5.

Just got mine yesterday day and im experiencing the same issue. Any update on a fix?
After being frustrated I made a service request. Tech came out checked wiring and mentioned it sometimes takes a few days for phone to adapt to the charging pads. Sounded strange but it started working. Both my phone and wife’s have been working. Give it a few days if not request service. Hope this helps.

New to the forum just got my M3 yesterday and still exploring features. One problem I’ve encountered is the wireless charging function doesn’t work continuously. Charges for a few seconds and stops. I’ve taken my IPhone SE out of the case but still not charging. Would like to avoid using a lighting cable if possible. Any suggestions or known fix would be appreciated.
I have the same issue and received my M3 yesterday. The passenger side charger works fine, but driver’s side cuts off after a few seconds.

I had the charging pad replaced twice (3 different units in total) and it never would charge for more than a few seconds. The service center finally told me to contact the online store for a refund because it was a "POS" in their opinion. I cannot get the Tesla online store to respond after months. Their customer service is horrible.

I had the charging pad replaced twice (3 different units in total) and it never would charge for more than a few seconds. The service center finally told me to contact the online store for a refund because it was a "POS" in their opinion. I cannot get the Tesla online store to respond after months. Their customer service is horrible.
Can we specify what units people are having issues with? The 2021s are built in, and mine hasn't had any issues.

Same issue here unfortunately. To those who have made the service call, did they replace the charging pad?
To update. Prior to the technician coming, I tried to take off my Scosche Magic Mount magnetic sticker that I used to use in my previous car, and this actually solved my problem!

So I think the issue lies with the Tesla pad being picky (other wireless chargers did not have any issue with the magnet sticker). Worth a try guys.

I have a 2021 Model 3 LR and an iPhone 12 Pro Max. I will say the iPhone has been VERY picky for me. Most of the wireless chargers I had before this phone don't work with this phone. I've tried caseless and with case and the driver's side usually charges for a few seconds if at all and then stops. Last night I was out for a drive and found that my phone actually worked on the passenger side. Will have to do some more experimenting next time I drive around.