Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless charging not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, I have a 2021 Model YP, the drivers side charge pad only charges for a few seconds then quits but the passenger side charges with no problems. Has anyone experienced something similar? If so, did service at Tesla fix the issue?

Hello all, I have a 2021 Model YP, the drivers side charge pad only charges for a few seconds then quits but the passenger side charges with no problems. Has anyone experienced something similar? If so, did service at Tesla fix the issue?

Tesla replaced my charger 3x for the same reason. They finally said it really only works if you have a case on your phone...otherwise the phone is too close to the wireless charger. If I put a napkin between my phone and the charger, it will keep charging longer than a couple seconds. It is just poorly designed and seemingly won't ever get fixed.

I have a 2021 Model S and have a slightly different problem. Sometimes my front chargers don’t work at all, driver or passenger. Rear works fine. It’s not a phone height issue. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and when the charger works it’s great, but sometimes I get nothing. The next drive or next day, it’s usually back. Seems weird.

Just got my 2022 M3LR last week. Having the same issue with both my phone and my wife’s (iphone model 13), not max. It charges for 5-10 seconds then stops. Doesnt matter which side we put the phone on. Wireless charging works just fine when we do it in the house So I know it’s not the an issue with the case. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a 2021 P3 and Pixel 6 Pro. Same problem. Rebooting phone DID work. I'm still having intermittent problems with walking out to car and phone not automatically unlocking doors whether I reboot phone or not. I also put it in airplane mode and then disable airplane mode like manual says and it still doesn't work. Frustrating and possible safety risk.

My 2022 M3LR has this issue. Intermittently charges my iPhone SE 2020 edition or my work iPhone XR. Sometimes it works great, other times it never charges, or stops charging after a certain time.

I found that my old work iPhone 8 and my iPhone SE 2020 does not like wireless charging or charging while using Waze/GPS as the heat seems to reduce the battery capacity. After 2.5 years when I turned in my iPhone 8 to work, its battery capacity was under 90%. My iPhone SE 2020 is just over 2 years old and is at 91%.

I am wondering what the next steps are on this as I have the new 15 Pro max and after having my 14 pro max battery nuked by heat from this awful design and also contacting Tesla to no avail, I'm wondering if this is needing something like a class action to get their attention. The car should NOT cause damage to the phone and that is exactly what their shoddy charger is doing. It's ruining the battery with heat and accelerating the wear on the phones. The only other option I know of is to disconnect the pad and it's just a cradle but it is really exhausting to have such a expensive vehicle and this is the level of quality for a charger they put in it.

I also looked to see if there was any kind of device that could act as a "extension cord" of sorts for the wireless charging as I'm sure the camera bumps on all our phones don't help, but Tesla has known this is how phones would be for a while.

I am wondering what the next steps are on this as I have the new 15 Pro max and after having my 14 pro max battery nuked by heat from this awful design and also contacting Tesla to no avail, I'm wondering if this is needing something like a class action to get their attention. The car should NOT cause damage to the phone and that is exactly what their shoddy charger is doing. It's ruining the battery with heat and accelerating the wear on the phones. The only other option I know of is to disconnect the pad and it's just a cradle but it is really exhausting to have such a expensive vehicle and this is the level of quality for a charger they put in it.

I also looked to see if there was any kind of device that could act as a "extension cord" of sorts for the wireless charging as I'm sure the camera bumps on all our phones don't help, but Tesla has known this is how phones would be for a while.
The phone charger isn’t the best, but if you know it’s ruining your phone then stop using it. Hate it as you may, continuing to use something you know or feel is damaging your phones is foolish and on you.
Businesses love class action law suits, it prevents them from being sued for more by each person individually. I don’t understand why people join class action law suits. Each person gets $20 and can’t sue as an individual afterwards.