Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wireless Charging Speeds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I notice that the wireless charging in the MY charges my iphone incredibly slow. I will have it on the pad uninterrupted for 30+ minutes and only gain maybe 2% battery. I use a wireless pad on my bedside table and it is much faster. Can anyone else confirm this is just how it is in the car or is something wrong with mine? Thanks

Sometimes we must turn the phone slightly sideways at an angle in the MY phone cradle holder. This seems to insure that the charge connection remains on and active. You can see the little Z lightning bolt inside the battery icon on your phone, and if not, the charge is not working. The charge disconnect happens regularly to our mini phone as it moves around in the cradle.

Our iPhone charges super fast and gets warm to hot when it is charging. Need this since we are streaming and using the phone with the Tesla UI.

Pixel 4XL.

If my car is parked I get fast-ish wireless charging speeds at 1700-1900 mA. If I'm driving it is barely maintaining a charge. 100 mA or so.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211007-141556.png
    Screenshot_20211007-141556.png
    251 KB · Views: 123
  • Informative
Reactions: JerseyShoreMY